thread: Pregnancy Journal Recommendations?

Dec 2007
    Perth

Pregnancy Journal Recommendations?

Hello ladies,

I've been on the hunt for a decent Pregnancy Journal...most of the bookshops I've been in don't sell a great deal, and nothing has really taken my fancy. There are a few online that I have seen, but I'm a bit hesitant to buy something I haven't been able to flick through or at least get someone elses opinion on

Soo...just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good Pregnancy Journal? I was after more of a journal-style, rather than the guided-journals which have week-by-week info as well (as I already have a plethora of pregnancy books!), i want to be able to write heaps and put pictures and things in it...any ideas?

TIA

Mar 2009

I am also on the hunt for a journal! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Sep 2008
    In a cloud of madness.

kennys cardiology??? They have all types of random stuff

Add NaeNae on Facebook

Sep 2007
    South Gippsland

I brought the Anne Geddes one last time with Nikita and found it to be a beautiful journal with lots of room (but I am not a big writer) and good prompting questions. I think from memory I paid around $45 including postage for it on ebay. I got a cheap one on ebay from a seller in Eltham - its ok but I don't like it as much so will probably hunt for another Anne Geddes one online once I hit the 13 week mark.

Nae x

ETA - I just looked at the other one its called "A Pregnancy Keepsake" its a bit bigger than a DL envelope in width but length is about the same.
    Its a week by week journal with almost two pages per week as well as a mothly update section. As part of th emonthly update section you can add a picture of the mother to be at each stage (which could be interesting to monitor your growth) as well as a few extra sections for ultra sound photos. Towards the end of the book there is a page for the labour. one for the arrival,about the baby, and 3 pages labelled"introducing" possible name choices and name chosen, people to contact, gifts recieved, afterthoughts ... actually its kinda good but asthetically I don't think its as nice as the Anne Geddes one as the pictures they used are all B&W and of their own kids... but I guess it appeals to some.

Oct 2008
    In a Nice Safe Space

The one I have is called Pregnancy Journal - a week-by-week guide to a happy, healthy pregnancy by Paula Spencer.

It's green and yellow elastic bound. With a spiral binding which I like. Its about the side of your standard business desk diary. It has plenty of space to write in and also some information too.

I bought mine when I got pregnant but didn't get the chance to use it so I can't really say what its like to use yet. But it does look nice.

Dec 2007
    Perth

Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I feel a bit better about ordering one online now....Thanks!

Jan 2009

I remember seeing a lovely one in a book collection years ago (those people who bring cheap books to the workplace if you want to buy them), it really appealled to me because it had christian tones - like in the first part you could put the story of how husband and wife met, then the prayer you prayed together for the baby, etc, etc. I was only about 18 at the time and didn't buy it but have been kicking myself ever since as I've never seen it anywhere ever again.