Thread: Pregnancy and Law

Default Pregnancy and Law

just asking a question for a friend. she is in Nz and she has a friend here in Australia who is approx 17 weeks pregnant and as yet has not seen anyone about her pregnancy?

she said over in NZ you must see someone by 14 weeks but wanted to know the law here if there was one

Thanks

I didn't know that you 'had' to see someone?? Obviously it is better if you do but I didn't think there was a law...

I haven't heard of a law either. What about those who are 5 months or more pg before they even know it? Off to jail they go! heheh.

I havent heard of that either Nic.

I do have another q re pg and laws and dont mean to steal your thread but....I had a friend tell me i should not be driving as i have less than 6 wks to go and it was against the law. I told her she was mad and i'd never heard of it and all pg ppl i know drive up until they feel to uncomfortable to or have their babies. She is from the eastern states and had her 2 bundles over there. I'm a perthie so wouldnt know but is there such a law in certain states???

I'm in NSW and haven't heard of that one either Hoody! I'm still driving, and drove right up to the end with DS too.

yeah i dont think there is a law about the dr- but some dr's are funny if you see them too late in your preg- if you plan on seeing the one dr- i would go and get checked up- she may be 2-3 weeks off in her counting if she hasnt had a scan to determine her actual dates. Obviously she is not too concerned about things at the moment- but at 17 weeks she should be making some sort of plans for some medical attention. Some drs can be booked out solid for months and she will need to think about booking in to a hospital. I guess if her pregancny is traveling well with no probs she will be fine- but personally i would want to be a bit more on to it at 17 weeks.and about driving- i thought it was only when you couldnt fit that you didnt driveLOL- though i guess i do see the dangers there. i hope everything goes well with your friends friend!! LOLStarBright
    Last edited by ~StarBright~; November 2nd, 2007 at 10:24 PM. Reason: add a bit

Most hospitals (public) will not even see your for your booking in appt until after 17wks...
    But no, there is definitely no law that you *have* to see someone...

Never heard of any law foe either of those two things!

I didnt have my first proper antenatal appt until 20 - 21 weeks. And I'm pretty sure I was driving right up until a day or two before Claire was born.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoody View Post
    I havent heard of that either Nic.

I do have another q re pg and laws and dont mean to steal your thread but....I had a friend tell me i should not be driving as i have less than 6 wks to go and it was against the law. I told her she was mad and i'd never heard of it and all pg ppl i know drive up until they feel to uncomfortable to or have their babies. She is from the eastern states and had her 2 bundles over there. I'm a perthie so wouldnt know but is there such a law in certain states???
    I haven't heard of that either. To make sure for your own peace of mind check with your insurance company. I know after c/s your insurance can be effected it just depends on who you are through and what their policy is

And thanks for all the other responses. I didn't think there was any law but she was just asking and is obviously concerned for her friend who still hasn't seen anyone. why you wouldn't want to I don't know