Thread: Pregnancy Magazine

Lorin Guest

Default Pregnancy Magazine

Hey

I got a pregnancy mag at my baby shower, started reading it on way home on plane from melbourne to qld, :S and well i had never acually baught these books and read them and i got the fright of my life in the section closed off.

THERE WAS BIRTH PICTURES - NATURAL, C-SECTION, SUCTION AND WATER BIRTH. GROSE!!!!

i tell you what i am more scared now about birth after seeing those pictures then before. Oh how i wish i hadnt seen those pics

Which Mag was is Lorin?

Don't be scared... no turning back now... you'll be fine!

Don't be scared! I know the pics can be grose but at least you have an idea now about what it looks like. Think positive - birth is grose in a physical sense I suppose but it is also amazing because of it's purpose - to bring your baby into the world. There is nothing more special than that!

EmmaJM Guest

I have that magazine. I know what you're talking about, Mother and baby. The pictures are scary, freaked my husband out! Remember that this is something women have done for so long, and your body is designed for it. You will be fine.

Lorin Guest

Thats the mag, i cant help but think how horrible its going to be. I just hope it all goes well. You know you always hear of stories that things ahve gorn wrong and i just worry.
    It also freak my partner out, But i seen him having anotehr look later that night and i think he is just glad Men can't have kids, and seeing i was the one who truely talk us into having our own child he will be saying well im happy that we are but i am more happy its not me who has to push it out.
    I feel sorry for my lil "hole" he he i hope it returns to normal???

DOES IT? DOES IT RETURN TO NORMAL????

The mags in my Bounty bags didn't have that article! I feel gypped!

Lorin ... sorry I can't answer your last question!

I will have to buy it... DH is amazed by the miricle of birth, I am shure he would like to see... as would I... we do have the video night tonight at classes... should be good... DH is so interested!

Yes it does return to normal! But, look, it is not going to be just like it was before you gave birth obviously. But it will return to it's normal state and things should function down there as they previously did. And it will not be any 'looser'. Hubby has not noticed any difference in that department. You really will be amazed how your body recovers from birth. It doesn't happen overnight but after a while you will feel normal down there again.

if it's not too late, try reading the book 'New Active Birth.....is very encouraging!Plus, read the last two or three birth stories on BB.....they're really encouraging too....birth can be a good experience! Knowledge is power!

Last edited by chocolatecatty; June 14th, 2006 at 01:57 PM.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

chocolatecatty do you mean New Active Birth? That's my top pick too
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Yes it does return to normal after a little while Some longer than others but you'll get there!
    And on the grossing you out thing, I was a bit scared the first time watching birth footage, but this time around I'm even thinking of videoing the birth so I can see for myself. I also get a bit miffed that they blur out the important bits in some of the birth shows on the discovery channel.

Lorin Guest

Oh ladies, thanks heaps! Its great being able to talk to experience girlies like this.
    It does make me feel abit better but i guess first timers are goign to be scared any way huh. well 116 days to go

Kelly - yep I meant 'New Active Birth'....can't believe such a good book it is! Despite this being my first pregnancy, I can't wait to try out this active labor thing! Almost makes me excited thinking about it!

Haha.. i have that magazine too. DF's mum works at the place that prints them and brings them home for me every month.. i opened it and yuck.. didnt need to see that! DF asked what was in the sealed section and i said you dont wanna see trust me!!
    Dont they show you videos when you go to the antenatal classes too? I did a childcare course after i left school and had to watch those videos too.. wasnt pretty! Glad ill be on the other end and wont be able to see what happening down there!! Dont be scared though.. its a natural thing and so many people have been through it (i have to keep telling myself that everyday!)

Lorin Guest

So many people go through it and so many unlucky people go through it too. I hope i am one of the lucky ones!And i wish all expecting mums goodluck for theirs too