Thread: Pregnancy related skin problems

JessieS Guest

Red face Pregnancy related skin problems

Hello everyone

I feel a little silly with this post, but I was wondering if anyone else has suffered acne due to pregnancy? Unfortunately my first pregnancy ended in m/c last month at 10 1/2 weeks, but I had noticed since my pregnancy confirmation my skin was breaking out like a teenager, and even one month on it has not settled down. Is there a natural remedy anyone can suggest?

Thanks

Jess

hey jess, yep its life unfortunately! Due to all the extra hormones racing around your body, most of us will get some pimples.

The best thing you can do is keep your face cleansed toned and moisturised and hope it passes.

Mine cleared up about 9 weeks

My breakouts were more on my chest than my face. I dabbed tea tree oil on with a cotton bud (also my fave remedy for scratches and cuts of any type) to help them clean and dry up. I think it stopped by the end of the first trimester.

i have also experienced awfull break outs yuck i have never "glowed" in pregnancy teatree is great but dont use it straight maybe wet cotton bud with water first then add a couple of drops of teatree oil then
    i have found it really helpfull ( though everyone's skin is different) to scrub my face once a week with a little salt mixed with water in the palm of my hand and rince thoroughly with cold water and be VERY carefull not to get it into my eyes

My face broke out worse than when I was a teenager. I was also not washing my face as often because of m/s and because my skin got really dry once I got pregnant instead of more oily like they say. It does help if you can keep washing your face with gentle cleanser twice a day and use a moisturiser that doesn't clog pores. An alcohol-free toner is good too. I also used a bit of the Proactiv moisturiser every couple days to keep it from getting really bad, though if you want to extra cautious, don't use it because it has benzoyl peroxide which they haven't figured out if it can have harmful effects on the baby yet. Sorry not sure about any natural remedies. My skin looks great now. It was mainly for weeks 8-16 or so that it was an issue for me.

JessieS Guest

Thanks ladies - I think I will invest in a very good cleanser - and tea tree oil is something that I had completely forgotten about. Thanks, you have made me feel a little more normal to know that this happens to others.

Dont you just love lifes little challenges :-)

Jess

Jessie, i have definately got mroe pimples now.
    I have a tea tree cleanser which does seem to help and I also use apricot scrub on my face. I dont know if it helps with the pimples, but it makes my skin feel nice and smooth!

I haven't had an increase in spots, but I have found my face oilier than normal... I've resorted to carrying around those face wipes for when it's really bad.

Cool

My "t-zone" is one big red blotchy pimply mess at the moment. It wasn't this bad even when I was a teenager!

*sighs*. I'm sick of telling people its not a rash, its not contaigous ...

I've had a constant battle with pimples during pregnancy, just one of those things. I get them on the sides of my face but really horrible ones that are impossible to hide and ignore! Oh well it's all worth it

I'm the same - my skin's always been bad but before my period and during the first trimester I had pimples pop up here and there. The other very good remedy (that I don't do enough of!) is to drink HEAPS of water. It's good for the rest of your body too

I have a weird one.. one side of my facce is very dry the other side has a couple of hormonal type AF pimples..... so what do i do...

I haven't broken ot in pimples but on my chest/neck area I have these really angry red rash looking marks. They're not itchy or anything but it looks bad and cant be hidden as it is around where the front of your necklace sits etc.. Most people ask me if it preg related, others just stare or say ew whats that from? Oh well..

On pimples, it's not herbal but I have used Ella Bache Creme Intex No2 and I kid you not, it is the best stuff ever. A small jar will last 12 months (or more) and you out it on at night before bed and your pimples will be visibly smaller or gone by the next day. I have super sensitive skin too, dont use any other cleaning product except a warm wet flannel twice a day and people always say what nice skin I have so must be doing something right.

I have awful skin throughout my whole p/g's! Especially on my cheeks which are normally nice and smooth. And I end up scarring because I'm bad and pick.

No solutions for you - I just try and keep my skin clean....