Thread: Pregnancy research

mbnash Guest

Smile Pregnancy research

Hello! I am a Melbourne Uni PhD student looking for some help with my research. Kelly has given me approval to post this message.

I am looking for participants in Melbourne who are willing to talk about their lives as pregnant women. If you are 18-50 years old and pregnant (approximately 3-4 months or 12-16 weeks), I would like to invite you to talk about your pregnant body and your experiences of motherhood in a series of interviews.

I am also looking for pregnant women in Melbourne (any trimester) to participate in focus groups to investigate the ways in which Australian women experience their own pregnant bodies and also how the pregnant body is represented by the media and culture. The focus groups will be held at Melbourne Uni or another convenient location such as a local cafe. The dates of the focus groups are yet to be determined. Ideally, they will occur in the next few weeks/months depending upon the availability of the women who would like to participate.

Additionally, if you are not able to attend a focus group or participate in a series of interviews, feel free to email me with your thoughts on any of the above. I am very interested in hearing what you have to say about representations of the pregnant body in public culture.

I look forward to hearing from you!

For more information, please contact:
    MEREDITH NASH
    GENDER STUDIES PROGRAM
    DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY
    JOHN MEDLEY BUILDING
    UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, PARKVILLE
    [email protected] or (03) 8344 8998

Check out my research website: http://babybumpproject.tripod.com/
    Last edited by mbnash; May 20th, 2006 at 09:33 PM.

Oh mercy Meredith...not sure if it's my pregnant inability to concentrate, or the early hour of the morning, but I will have to come back and read this in the morning...seems I 'experience my pregnant body' with extreme vagueness.
    Do you have a version tailored to a grade 4 reading level?
    Joke, I'll come back and read it when I'm more awake, sounds fun.

mbnash Guest

hi nelle, i hear you. it's not as complicated as it sounds. i am looking to interview pregnant women once every trimester and once after the birth about pregnant body image and your experiences being pregnant in public. basically, i just want to hear women tell their pregnancy stories in their own voices..no one else has really used women's own stories of pregnancy from every trimester so this is why this is important!!! :-)