Thread: Pregnancy & Traveling Thailand

Question Pregnancy & Traveling Thailand

Good Afternoon Ladies

DH and I are currently TTC our first, however we are also currently planning a trip to Phuket in February. I was wondering if we would have any problems traveling to Phuket if I did (fingers crossed) fall pregnant between now and February. By February I would be 4 months at the most if I was to fall pregnant this month. Would I be taking a risk going??

I donít know what to do?

Any comments would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Renee

I don't think there would be a risk. Thai ladies seem to have babies with no more problems than Aussie ladies I would drink bottled water, but I do that here, too.

Just make sure you don't get over-heated and enjoy the holiday, you lucky girl

OOoOO I hope I am pregnant soon, I can't wait to order one of your Led Zeppelin Maternity T-shirts Natalie!!
    Im planning this holiday as If I AM going to be pregnant, I dont know what i'll do if im not! I better think of that too.

You'll be fine - go and enjoy a lovely child-free holiday with your DH while you can!! I agree with Natalie though. Drink only bottled water, even when you're brushing your teeth, and just be a bit more careful about what you eat - might be worthwhile only eating in hotels and the better restaurants.

And hey, if you're unfortunately not pregnant when you go, it will be a beautiful place to rectify that!!

lucysmummie Guest

Hey rene
    Thailand is pretty safe me and Dh went there on our honeymoon. where are u staying? ALL the hotels are lovely and very safe just dont eat from the little stalls they have they are like little kitchens on bikes dont eat from them, why u would want to I dont know cause they have dried squid and gross things like that... what company are u flying? if your flying Thai take something to eat as me and DH werent to happy with the food they served on the plane...

The only thing I would recomend with eating is look at where ALL the aussies eat thats what we did, try and stay away from seafood as u can have problems there...O and dont get sucked in to the first person who says g'day mate they ALL do it because they know if u respond they will drag u into there shop! ALSO Barter as HARD as u can dont let them cheat you and BARTER every where!!!! My friend said there was more things to buy in bangkok cause we stayed in bangkok 4 one night...this is not true! If you see it BUY it! of course look around at all the stalls first cause u couldfind it cheaper BUt I think puket was much cheaper than bangkok for a lot of things.. puket has more cultural stuff where as bangkok has all the clothes and shoes...depends what you want...

my advice on the travelling would be to get some circulation stockings cause u are at risk of getting a blood clot while pregnant! I got a blood clot they werent sure if it was cause of being on a plane or not but put it down to that and just cause I ws preggers...so save your self the greif and PAIN and get some socks.... sorry to blabber on I hope that helps get as much FREEDOM as u can now!!!

All that is said if you DO get preggers which Im sure you will fingers crossed....

WOW Thank you so much for the advise ladies, I really REALLY apreciate it. We havent told anyone we are TTC so I havent been able to talk to anyone, its been a little hard. Lucysmummie - We are thinking about staying at either the Avantika, Impiana or Burasari (they are little boutique hotels). Im not sure who we will be flying with but we should know tonight as we are going to flight centre to get quotes.

We went to Vietnam when we were TTC, and I actually missed AF about 2d into the holiday. I didn't change anything until about 5w pregnant I spose, cause I had some implantation bleeding I thought was my period.
    Before that I ate street food, raw oysters, lots of fish/shellfish, drank heaps of beer and alcohol and generally lived it up. It was a blast!!
    After I was about 1w late, I decided I really could be pregnant and started doing everything a little more carefully.
    As for drinking bottled water, thats a given. I would do that regardelss of whether I was pregnant or not.