Thread: Pregnancy Yoga brissy

Default Pregnancy Yoga brissy

i have just been told by the yoga instructor at my gym that i shouldnt do yoga until 12 weeks. this got me thinking and i want to do a specific pregnancy yoga class i think. can anyone recommend a good one in brisbane. i live in the north west region of brissy.

Hollo, are you near Ashgrove? Revive there might do it - they do yoga and pg pilates I think (they do at the city one anyway), so they could be worth a try. The physio from the Wesley does special pg classes which are a combination of pilates and yoga at the Wesley also. If they don't suit, perhaps ask your care provider or maternity hossy if they know of anywhere. There is bound to be somewhere.

Also, if you find somewhere, can you update to let us know? I know this one has been asked before.

Hollo Im pleased you asked this as I am also interested in pg yoga but have no idea where to start looking. I'd be interested in hearing others experiences. And Im on the North Side as well

Edited for spelling

thanks girls,
    i googled a few places and they generally recommend to start at 14weeks. i will ring around though this week, always get better info on the phone. i will keep you updated.

Yogababy. Google them and you'll find their website.

Suzanne is absolutely fantastic. I observed one of her classes as part of my training, and I've had a few of my mums do her course as well. She does prenatal yoga but as part of her course she also covers active birth, comfort measures for labour etc.

Really wonderful, I highly recommend her

thanks tobily,
    just googled them, it looks great. will have to call them for some more info and book it in. thanks for that.

Hi girls I know you specifically said yoga, but Ive just started doing a preg pilates class that is AWESOME! Bris nthside too (McDowall) if you are interested check out beinblossom

i havent ever done pilates before. is it hard on the body at all?

Hollo, I didn't do pg pilates but I wish I did! I did pilates before pg and have recently started again. It is awesome for core strength (so great to help prevent lower back pain) and also for pelvic floor muscles. It's not hard on the body, you can do gentle pilates. Pg pilates targets the pelvic floor and tummy muscles and these are very important for labour and birth and also post pg (can't stress how important strong pelvic floor muscles are).