Thread: pressie for hubby

Default pressie for hubby

can anyone suggest a present that i could get to give DH after the baby is born, something special that i can give while still in hospital that has sentimental value in relation to the birth of our baby? so much attention is given to mum and bubs that i want to give him something from bubs and I. I just cant think of anything!!

This is a great idea. I bought him a book about fathers, but I think it would be really nice to get him something more this time. hmmm...will have to think about it.

You read my mind AJP! I have been racking my mind over this for days! I know my DH wants a digital camera he can take away with him with the Army but I won't let him use my digital SLR (aren't I mean?) so thought about that as he can use it to take piccies of bubba as well.

What about doing a print of the babies feet soon after the birth and framing it for him? You could pre-purchase a frame and then put a piccie of DH and bubba in it with the prints?

My only ideas are things I KNOW DH wants/needs like a new wallet (with a piccie of bubba in it) or a chess set I can engrave "From xxx" (whatever we name our baby!). I've also thought about a nice pen with an egraving like "To my Daddt Love xxx" and the date.

Can't wait to hear what people suggest!

MG

What a beautiful idea. Sorry I dont have any suggestions yet. I will have a think tho.

this could be corny but when i was a baby i gave my dad a mug that said
    "My belongs to daddy"
    he still has it.... (i possibly gave this to him when i was older but it could be work as perhaps daddy is going to need some coffee to stay awake?)
    could also work with a keyring that you could put a photo in or in my case i could buy hubby a special spanner with something like that engraved on it... he'd love it

What a beautiful thought. How about a key ring or a pocket knife or something that he would use often. Get it engraved with something like “Thank you for
    Being my daddy”

motherduck Guest

I know this Is off subject but when I was in labour with #2 my beautiful sister gave my DH a Holden shirt and he was totaly wraped when sis said that if he wanted Hoden babbies then thats the first thing they see him wearing .

How about a watch? and perhaps you could have something special engraved into the back of it.

What about a frame with a scan picture up the top, a poem in the middle and an empty photo space down the bottom for the first Daddy & Bubs shot? Cailin posted a gorgeous poem about walking in Daddys footsteps which I used for my Fathers Day gift.

Maybe as well you can make the first out fit bubs wears one of those "I Love My Dad" ones?!?

I will keep thinking about it and check back in!

I did the "I love my Daddy" Bibs, and DH STILL always uses them (even though they are small and pink!!) whenever he feeds Charlie.......he loves them!

I also did a photo with little Olivia footprints round the edges......the photo is of DH stroking Olivia on the head when she is only about 12 hours old, all bundled up, and he is bent over her looking adoring. It is in a nice plain wood frame, and I know for a fact it takes pride of place on his desk at work...............

Thanks for all your help guys, i really appreciate it!! the photeo frame with scan and photo sounds fantastic!! DH would live it, off to the shops next week to find one, thanks again guys!!