Mine charges $3400 for pregnancy care, and all I will get back is the capped rebate, around $500, nothing more, so if your OB charges more than that, you still only get the capped rebate - not the 80% like I did for my first pregnancy and what you get for almost any other type of medical care covererd by Medicare. IVF and OB fees now have capped rebates.

Hospital costs are minimal, just the excess if you have one - the anaethetist cost had no gap, but not all of them are the same. The one for my DD did have gap fees of a couple of hundred dollars. OB fees can very very expensive, Medicare capped the fees as they felt that OB were charging way too much, which given some of the differences in how much they charge probably justifies I guess why Medicare capped it ( not that it stops me from seeing mine, he's great).