Thread: Progesterone Question

Default Progesterone Question

I am 8.5 weeks pg. I had some bleeding at 6.4 weeks and was put on natural progesterone pessaries to assist. The bleeding was not anywhere near the bub, and my OB seems to think things should be OK.
    My scan at 6.4 weeks was good,with a heartbeat and bubs in the right place and measuring to size. The bleeding stopped a couple of days after I started the progesterone.
    My Ob told me that if something were to happen to bubs the progesterone would not stop it from happening, but I would not know.
    I am booked in to see him again in just over a week.
    My pregnancy symptoms have not been huge, but a have had a slight nausea (no vomiting), really huge BBs and nipples, bloated, constipated and am really tired and hungry all the time.
    I understand that the progesterone could account for all my symptoms, and I am really anxious that something has gone wrong, as my symptoms seem to come and go at random.
    I am really sweating it out till my scan.
    Is there any way I can be sure that things are OK? or do I just have to wait it out?
    Thanks in advance.
    xo

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Ruf,

Even in pgs where no P4 support is taken, your symptoms will often come and go, and vary in severity. I had whole days of having no symptoms at all. I understand that you're anxious, I think that's perfectly understandable, but barring trying to get a BT at your GP, you're probably going to have to wait it out. It is an anxious time, I know, and the worrying never stops, but try to hang in there, hun.

Rufi! Congratulations! I have only just seen your good news, how wonderful!

To answer your question: I was on progesterone pessaries from 6 weeks until 11 weeks when the placenta kicked in.

The only reason I was put on prog was because I was having weekly BTís to track my HCG, oestrogen and prog levels. At 5 weeks, it was 80, a week later it dropped to 37.

I had loads of symptoms one day, and then nothing the next day. Are you having weekly BTís to track the pregnancy?

No BT tracking here... Just the wait till my OB appt and scan. I could do a GP appt and get bloods, but I usually take a week to get an appt with her... I guess I will just wait it out. There is only a week to go now.
    Thanks both so much for your replies.
    I just continue to hope that things are going OK, but it is very stressful, all the unknown.
    xo

Ruf- I haven't had super strong symptoms either but they are exactly the same as with my 2 girls. I felt a little off and super tired, sore boobs. Unfortunately, I think you can only hope and pray! as the bleeding wasn't near the bub it looks good. I'll be praying for you and your little one.