Thread: really bad cramping

Default really bad cramping

Hi everyone, hope someone can help me ease my mind.
    I got a clear bfp today, but through the night i had some excruciating cramping - all over, and in the centre of my rib cage -( a feeling like someone has punched and winded me- normally get it with AF) It lasted for about an hour - and stopped after panadol.
    I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar, and should I be concerned.
    TIA

Hi Jazmum,

It's really normal to get af like cramping during the very early stages of pg...in fact I haven't heard of anyone not getting it.

Just with the panadol, how much did you take? Panadol is the only one you can take during pg and you can only take two a day.

You shouldn't be at all concerned unless you get bleeding as well. The cramping will become less after a while

Thanks Jas - it was just something i hadn't experienced with my previous 2 pregnancies - not that i can remember anyway.
    I just took 2 panadol - i normally try to hold off, but the cramping was pretty severe.
    thanks again

I was reading a thread here (I think?) and the suggestion was to stand up, lean against a wall and raise your arms as high as you can. I'll try to find it again ...

ETA- Found the link! It's an article ... right down the bottom is what I'm talking about .

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/article...d-side-effects
    Last edited by Kazbah; January 6th, 2007 at 05:24 PM.