Thread: Really itchy hands and feet!

Unhappy Really itchy hands and feet!

I only just started noticing this last night as I kept scratching between my fingers and toes and also the inside side bits of my feet..:eek: I am prone to skin rashes like prikly heat and do have very sensitive skin but this is something else and is itchy like mozzie bites are, cant help itchin! My fingers actually feel a little stingy in places today from rubbing them so much (I try to rub ratheer than scratch..sometimes).
    Is this like a pg related thing? I havent started using any new products or eaten anything new so am quite stumped!

Tee hee Nets - I just had a visual of you sitting there scratching one hand with the other whilst simultaneously scratching one foot with the other! Sorry! I've had a similar thing from time to time, mostly on the bottom of my feet. I've put it down to increased sweat from the heat and edema. My hands I've just put down to my skin getting super tight and stretching which causes itching. It could just be your skin stretching (especially if you're getting swollen hands and feet due to the heat). I know you haven't started any new products lately but our skin becomes more sensitive during PG and so even products we've used for ages might become an irritation for our skin.
    Have a chat to your doc next time you see them (or call if you're worried) just to make sure it's nothing else. In the mean time, cold compresses, rubbing vinegar on the spot, calamine lotion etc are all good ways of trying to keep the itch at bay!

HTH
    MG

last night on my way to the loo for the 6th time, I had a burning sensation on the inside bottoms of my feet!

I stood there scratching them on the corner of the carpet/tiles and couldnt stop.

I didnt think I have edema?

oh, oh, pick me! Was awoken last night with SUCH itchy feet, agree that it seems to be due to stretching skin because my feet have swelled in the heat a bit. Talked to the midwife and she was unconcerned as when I put a cold wet towel on them the itching subsided and it hasn't been as bad today. I'm prone to eczma (sp?) too but I think in this case it really is due to swelling...

Yeah thnk you might be right on the swelling girls... I was just dragging my toes on the carpet coz it felt good on the itch ha ha (had visuals of how dogs drag their bum on the grass ha ha ha)...
    I have a Dr app tomorrow anyways so I will ask then

I don't want to make you panic because I'm not a doctor or anything but if the itchy hands and feet come with the symptom of dark urine (and a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head), you should get to the doc right away.

Look up 'Cholestasis' and see if it applies to you.

Thanks Adele, dont think I have had any of the other symptoms but then the itching hands and feet are sometimes the only noticeable symptoms of cholestasis apparently. I will ask the Dr. to check it out today for sure.

ITS OK! Its just a normal 3rd tri thing apparently.. cholestasis would appear a bit earlier and you would look a bit jaundice/yellow.. so just ice to relieve the itch...

Hmmm. Cholestasis most frequently comes in the 3rd tri after 30 weeks. Only a minority of cases are in the 2nd tri. And only a minority of cholestasis cases have jaundice as a symptom so not having jaundice doesn't mean anything ....

I'm certainly not saying you have it though. You could have eczema or maybe its just from swelling or the heat. If the itching was more on your palms and soles of your feet rather than in between fingers and toes, it would sound more like cholestasis.

Yeah the Dr said that about the palms and soles jja. Mine has been between my fingers and toes and on the soft part of the inside of my feet. I think you are right and is heat/eczema related.