Thread: Really itchy skin plus a kind of rash

Default Really itchy skin plus a kind of rash

Has anyone had really itchy skin with a kind of rash?
    I for weeks now have had itchy skin just down a bit from my armpit (is that makes sense?) I was putting it down to dry skin and scratching it everynow and again (couldnt help it) anyway from scratching a red scabby thing appeared but I put that down to me scratching it when it was itchy, now this morning Ive woken up with some red dots near it and further down my arm 2 bigger red spots that look like lots of little spots in tiny circles (not like ring worn coz the circle is all red instead oif a clear middle, and there itchy too.. has anyone had anything similar?
    I kinda want to go to the doctor but they dont bill so would have to wait till payday and midwife apt isnt untill the 8th.. what should I do? Im slightly worried about it but not overly stressed just yet just thought id see if anyone has had anything like it before.

thanks
    Lesley

Hi Leslie,

Is it possible it's a reaction to your deodorant? Our skin becomes more sensitive during pregnancy - I've had to abandon one I normally use. I would still get it checked out.

MG

Yeah I would try a more gentle soap too if possible. I have had to use Matilda's ezcema wash this winter because I got ezcema patches I haven't ever had before. I put it down to pregnancy.

Lesley - Just thought I would say that you are not the only one.. My sister had a really bad rash when she was PG with her first. It was rather annoying for her... Couldn't work out what it was, but it did eventually go away, hopefully yours doesn't get too bad though..

thanks girls, Im thinking it might be excema as I did get that last pregnancy too and it does seem to itch more when i use one of the shwoergels (we have two different types) i think ill double check with my midwife at my apt though when that comes up in just over a week..

thanks
    Lesley

Shabbychic Guest

I have the same thing on the insides of my elbows. I have never had it before.My shoulders are also REALLY itchy and have been for awhile???
    I am 28weeks pregnant.

Do the circles go away if you press them? I had some funny red circles that I had checked out but they were just blood vessels coming very close to the surface. They've settled back down now.

I've also been using very gently products on my skin and moisturising heaps to help with the itches and dry scaly yucks! Almond oil is realy nice.

Thrush perhaps? I had thrush under my arms when I was pregnant with James... I had never had thrush in my life before then... and I definitely didn't know you could get it under your arms... but, you can get it in any moist areas.