Thread: Is it really possible...???

Default Is it really possible...???

We decided we wanted to start TTC... and DTD 3 times last week - Mon, Wed, Fri.. last night (Sat) when I went to bed I started to feel some very strong period type pains... obviously it can't be AF cos that's not due until just under 2 weeks. I've been using Maybe Baby, thing is though I'm still BF so when the ferning shows it looks rather weak and not like it did when TTC Oskar. There was light ferning showing up all week until Friday... so my question is, is it really possible to maybe be pg and feeling symptoms like the period pains already?? I've still had the same pains today on and off.

I am really not sure just how early you feel those pains. I had a pain in my pelvic area in the side that just would not go away. After a few days I went to the doctor and she took a pg test but it didnt show I was pg. She sent me for an ultrasound to check for new cysts but there was nothing. A few days later the pain went away. A week later I swore I was going to get my period and took another pg test when it didnt come after 3 days and turned out I was about 3 weeks pg. Which means I would have been 2 weeksish when I had the U/S, test, pain and funny enough at 11 days pg (which technically in a 40 week pg I would have been all of around 4 days pg) I wanted Dim Sims with Chocoloate Topping.
    All this BEFORE a test showed up I was pregnant. So who knows whats possible.
    Last edited by MummyDuck; June 1st, 2008 at 03:46 PM.

Wishing you luck Cass!!!!

Each time I've been pregnant I've had symptoms from three-ish weeks. Because they have been IVF transfers, I've been acutely aware of the sensation of the embryo implanting - feels much like a little alien trying to munch its way out from the inside of the uterus. Part of the reason I didn't believe I was pregnant this time was because I hadn't felt implantation... It is entirely possible to have symptoms very early, but it is unusual.

BW

Smudgie... some people must be more sensitive to the hormones huh. Gross dim sims and chocolate topping!!

Simone, thanks hun

BW... what a cool description!

I'm trying sooooo hard not to think about it and not to get my hopes up. It's hard with every new little twinge not to wonder "if" ... man I hate waiting!!! Thanks for your replies

Seeing you are mid cycle are you sure it's not O pain? Even if you don't normally get it, you can suddenly just start getting it each cycle. It's usually only on one side that you feel it though but some women are quite uncomfortable for days after O.

As for the ferning - you will normally get two surges of estrogen (sometimes more) in a cycle which can produce ferning - mid cycle til you O, then it will start to disappear and then then you may see it again just before you get your AF. So if the ferning has disappeared & you are mid cycle then it was probably caused by O.

You can also get ferning when pregnant but usually this wouldn't show until about 3 weeks when implantation has already happened and your hormones get going. I would imagine it would be quite strong too as your estrogen levels would be higher than ever.

Like BW I've only ever had symptoms from 3 weeks onwards. With my pregnancies I've only ever had cramping around when AF would have been due.

I found out with DS at 3 weeks. Didn't have pelvic pain, but my boobs hurt. You never know...

Cass, fingers crossed for you! Were you on the minipill before you started TTC? I found that when I went off it, I got very similar symptoms to being pregnant. It was freaky because I never had them when I went off the pill to TTC for Sebastian. Anyway, I ended up getting AF but then a month later fell pregnant with this baby, so I'm not sure what to tell you! Anything is possible, I guess - good luck!

Satya, from my experience it wasn't the same as O pain... but like you said, I guess that's also possible... hmmm hoping not though. Still no more ferning showing up and I've still got some period type pains happening and a bit of nausea yesterday arvo but who knows really!!

Bec, nope, no mini pill... I couldn't be bothered with it cos I'm sooooo bad at remembering to take it when it's the normal pill let alone mini pill...lol. Well, I can try and test in a few days anyway, not sure if it'd show but 7 days prior... even though some tests claim to be able to.

I can tell you I think that they should rename TWW to TWT (two week TORTURE)!!!! rofl