Thread: Really Upset Tummy

Default Really Upset Tummy

Hi guys,

I need some advice. I've had a really upset tummy since eating Chinese on Friday night. (This may gross a few people out - sorry!) I was sick on Friday night at 2am, had an upset tummy all weekend with grumbles and stuff, big time gas out the rear and been to the loo but it was a bit soft today and a few tummy pains.

Should I be worried about this? Should I go and see the doc? Can I take anything like a bacterial drink to help my tummy settle? I'm wondering if it's Listeria or not. I'm not sure what happens if you do get it. I'm wondering if it was Chinese or not as my DH as got it too but everyone else who had dinner with us and ate the same dishes as us are not sick.

I don't know if I'm just worrying myself silly for no reason but I need some help.

Thanks guys.

Kelly, its really important that you keep you fluids up if your tummy has been upset. Even if you don't feel like it try and drink as much as possible.
    I think that if you're really anxious you can see your Dr who can run some tests to see if its listeria.
    I hope you fell better soon.

mizzsocial Guest

I learnt this the hard way!!

With my 1st pregnancy i ate Chinese food, and my stomach was upset for days... coz Chinese food has a lot of MSG in it.. pregnant woman shoudl really keep away from it. i know i do now..

If you are having diaherra or vomiting then go to your doctor, otherwise keep up your fluids and it should sub-side.

Thank you all - especially mizzsocial. I spoke to Mum on the phone today and she said it might be the MSG in it. It's funny because 2 weeks ago we went to our normal Chinese and both of us were fine and loved it. This was a different Chinese place we went to so I guess it possible that we were both affected by a higher level of MSG. Hopefully it will settle in the next few days. Yoghurt is helping for now and I'm going to get some Yakult tonight so I'm hopeing that will help too.

mizzsocial Guest

No prob

Take care, and try and keep away from the chinese food, as temping as it can be!! hehe