Thread: Red spotting has me freaked

Default Red spotting has me freaked

I spent last night at emergency after I had bright red bleeding.... I was freaked beyond belief and cried the whole time I was there.

They ended up doing a ultrasound which showed everything was ok the baby had a heart rate of 118 which they said was good for 6 wks. The said there didnt appear to be any bleeding in the uterus or around the baby.

so they took blood tests and sent me home.... they said they would call if the blood tests had dropped... how long to wait for them to call? I mean they said if it's ok they won't call. it's now 11am and the havent called... how long until I am safe to say it's ok?

I can imagine my test sitting under a pile of filed in the emergency room. with staff who were not even on lastnight.

I still have the bright red to dark red spotting....

what could it be ? also my morning sickness progressed to full on vomiting yesterday does that mean anything? could I have just burst a blood vessel?

iam freaked, no matter how many times they tell me it's common I am freaked, even after seeing the baby iam still freaked...

any thoughts?

Call them, hun. I really think that is so insensitive to say if we don't call you, you're fine. Much better to give you the option of calling them to receive the results.

I'm sure you are fine. I hope the vomiting settles down soon - could you maybe have a virus?

Try and take it easy, sweety. Big hugs,

Nat xx

Good luck and keep us posted.

Yep - I agree! Call them for sure.
    But I have to say - I had a bit of bleeding in my first few weeks with Marieke, but it took a couple of blood tests to figure out that everything was fine. They had to make sure that the levels were still going up, so they had to take blood one day, and then again a day or two later. But everything was fine - hopefully yours will be the same! (mine ended up being my cervix bleeding after DTD. Nothing a few days "rest" wouldn't fix! )
    All the best!

luckily enough I had blood tests done on friday so she said they could use that as a guide to see if they have dropped since friday.
    but I dont know if thats enough time etc..

DD
    Give them a ring. Yes they will be able to use the test that you had on Friday as a guide. Also some bleeding at around 6 weeks is common providing that it does not last for more than a day or so.

well it seems to have turned into brown spotting which is getting less and less as the day goes on. As for the hospital no one has got back to me since I called.

I am going to assume it is ok as my OB hasn't called me and she would have the results by now too. I did leave a message but everyone seems busy today.

I realize it can be common but still freaked me out, I will feel better when It's all gone..
    out of sight out of mind type thing hopefully..

as for the m/s I am much better after vomiting, an empty stomach seems to be helping me, I am eating weetbix which seems to be staying down. and today I am trying out sea sickness bands.

I did have 1 question which maybe alan will know..

I know they say when u see the heartbeat it reduces the risk of m.c etc...

last time We went in for our 12 weeks scan to see an 8 week sized baby with a h/b. though the OB didnt say whether it was ok or not. 2 days later I got bleeding went in for a scan and no HB. my question is why did it take 4 weeks for the heart to stop after the baby stopped growing?... its likley that the heart rate was not right at the scan and Dr didnt mention it right? the heart beat we saw last night seemed much faster and easier to see than last time...but I dont know if i am just thinking that to make myself feel better...

sigh.... time for some meditation cd's I think..

DD

There are many reasons why a baby stops growing, most of them are genetic. Many of these genetic problems will have no effect on the heart. Therefore the heart can continue to beat even though the baby is not growing.
    A slow heartbat is a sign that something may be wrong. You say that the hartbeat of your current pregnancy sems faster than your MC. A normal heartbeat should be between 110 and 160 and is usually closer to 160 than 110. When you hear this for the first it often seems quite fast
    I hope this answers your question.

thanks alan