Thread: Regular BH contractions

Default Regular BH contractions

Hey there

I have had an extremely stressful last couple of days and got myself quite worked up last night.

After that, I started experiencing BH contractions. This is not unusual for me, but after I calmed down I realized I was getting ALOT of them and this was coinciding with a dripping feeling down below (the dr thinks about 6 weeks ago, I had a hind water leak so I assumed it's got something to do with that).

So I started timing them, they were 3 mins apart almost exactly each time and last for 4 hours like this. During this time, I put my feet up and it settled eventually around 12 am. Today they have been much less, about 4 an hour. But apparently that is still alot at this stage, I am only 22 weeks.

I'm not in a very good state of mind at the moment due to a lot of emotional stress, a tiny amount of stress turns into a big deal because of the last coupel of days, things in my life aren't going too well and getting to the hospital which is an hour and a half away with 2 small children in tow and I don't have a car or license is proving to be too much. I can't see my GP till Tuesday.

I guess I'm asking is a hospital visit necessary if the contractions are less today? I did ring them, and they told me I should come in, but I know that they really can't say anything else because it's over the phone.

Thanks in advance for any advice

I would go to the hospital just to get it all checked out. No harm in finding out. Im sure its nothing but best to be on the safe side. All the best.....keep us updated.

I agree with Kim, better safe then sorry. Are you in vic?? if you dont want to write it here, email me at [email protected]

I know you've been through so much lately, and im here for you, you know that right?? Look after yourself and get checked out, Better safe than sorry...

And if it IS labour, the earlier you get there, the better it is to stop labour.

Tara
    If you are still having regular contractions then you need to go to the hospital. If it is early labour they can stop it with a couple of pills. If your contractions have stopped and you can still feel your baby moving then there is no need to go to the hospital now. However you should mention it to your GP on Tuesday. Also if your contractions start again, please go to the hospital.

Thanks for the replies, thanks Simone I'm in NSW.

Alan I appreciate your professional advice, thankyou for taking the time to reply. The contractions have settled down, but I still am getting 2-4 an hour and more as soon as I feel stressed or talk about something stressful. I couldn't manage to get to the hospital yesterday, it was impossible due to an emergency situation here (long story, but has to do with an inquisitive 8yo boy on holidays putting his finger in the pool filter). My GP had a cancellation today, so I'm due to see him in a couple of hours, so I will be able to hopefully get this sorted out locally.

Thankyou very much again.

Tara
    Let us know how you get on

Thanks Alan. Well the GP is worried and wants me to go back into hospital as soon as things get worse, as in more contractions, or if I'm still having this many of them tomorrow. He is more concerned about the ongoing stress that isn't solvable right now and is talking anti-anxiety medication which he thinks the risks of that are outweighed by the risk of PTL.

I'm just going to rest and play it by ear over the next 24 hours. I really think it will be okay and settle down itself, and i'll have to look at what I'm going to do to work out the situation that is causing this to happen right now.

Thanks again for all your help.

I hope everythings stays well Tara! I'm not sure of your situation but try and get as much rest as you can!