Thread: Reverse morning sickness?

Default Reverse morning sickness?

Hi all,
    I've been having diarrhoea on and off for the last 10 days.
    When it first kicked in, I was worried I could be pregnant so I took myself to hospital to be checked. Blood and stool tests showed no bacteria and the doctor said it was viral. (Blood test also showed I was pregnant.)
    But, since then, it keeps coming back. I only get stomach cramps right before having to go. It's possible I could have eaten something bad since going to hospital but I think I would feel worse. I've been feeling tired and scaring myself silly reading about listeria.
    I don't have nausea/morning sickness - maybe things are just coming out the wrong end?? I've got an appointment to see the ob tomorrow week -- do you think I should rush off to the doctor beforehand? After a bout Saturday morning and last night, there's been nothing today.

See a GP if you are really worried but if you are seeing anob anyway tomorrow just check it out with him/her. If it was somethingyou ate I would have thought that it would beover by now and you would be well again. Is it your first pregnancy? Only asking in case you have had the same issue with another bub??

Thanks KatieRabbit,

I am seeing ob in seven days, not tomorrow. And it's my first pregnancy, so I don't really know what to expect.
    I'm living in Vietnam so food has always been a bit of a worry. The ob, a laid-back French guy, told me to avoid ice and shellfish, not to worry about "lists", just eat as I normally did.

I went through a few bouts of gastro when I first found out I was pregnant. I didn't experience pregnancy sickness until later. I did feel nauseous from the start though.

It could be nothing, it could be something. It is a bit hard to tell. What sorts of foods have you been eating? I would take your food intake back to basics, dry toast, simple rice dishes, simple vegie meals and see if that makes a difference.

The other thing as suggested by Katie would be to see a GP until you can see your Obs.

Hope it improves for you soon.

Shalou Guest

Hi, I have the book "what to expect when your expecting" and they mention diareohar(sp) as a common early pregnancy symptom in the first trimester.

Thanks Shalou,
    That's put my mind at rest a bit. It seems to have gone now but I was worried it would damage the baby.
    I don't know what to expect and I haven't gotten around to buying any books yet, just relying on the internet.

I have had the runs the entire first tri for both my pregnancies. It isn't particularly fun, but I would rather that than being blocked up lol