Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The ring test

OK - over belly it says girl
    over wrist it says girl then boy then i think another boy but wasnt sure coz i got a coughing fit (damn peanut brittle!)
    I guess we will see in 6 weeks!

I had this done a few years ago and it came up as nothing!! the lady doing it had 100% on all she had done.

I just done it again now with Dh and although i thought mine came up at first and then did DH and his was the same - now just tried again and mine is nothing again and Dh is only faint ???

Guess thats why im still doing IVF
    Last edited by Loula; January 18th, 2008 at 09:35 PM.

I have done the ring test too. It swings in circles for a girl and back and forth for a boy. I can't remember what happens in between, whether it stops or just changes... Whenever I do a "reading" for people I ask to use their ring and a hair from their head, but I find that actually it works with just about any dangling object, e.g. I have even used a key on a chain once. It is mostly accurate, although one of the last readings I did was for a friend who had one DD. She told me before I started that she didn't think that she would have any more children, and sure enough her reading showed one girl and nothing else. I was most surprised to hear from her a few months later telling me that she was pregnant! I'm not sure if I had pulled the ring away too soon, believing her that she wouldn't have any more kids or what, but now she has a lovely DS too. So it's not always 100% reliable.

When I did the test, the ring first moved in circles then really slowed down until it just about stopped then started moving again to swing back and forth and so on. In the end it showed that I'll be supposedly having a girl, boy, girl, boy. It now has me thinking, I'm excited and worried.
    I am only really planning to have 3 children as I think I may run out of time to have a fourth. Now I'm worried that I may miscarry or something with a future pregnancy, or I may go on to have four children (maybe even twins next?!) which would be wonderful. Silly ring, it makes us think too much! It is truly amazing how the ring moves and is a very interesting concept but I don't think that it would be really 100% reliable - after all it is a ring - how can we determine whether a ring can forsee our future??!!
    Last edited by Danni K; January 19th, 2008 at 10:05 AM. Reason: add detail

I would always just take this as a fun thing to do while waiting for the 9mths to go by, It could cause more harm then good if we take it too seriously. The power of suggestion is a powerful thing, if we start believing in it too much then we might just make it happen.

When I was pregnant I tried it and it said I was having a girl, but I had a boy. My friend tried it and it said she was having a boy but she had a girl. I just tried it on my wrist now an it said a girl, then I stopped it and tried again and it said boy, then I stopped it and tried again and it said nothing. I tried it on my (empty) belly too and nothing. I find it quite interesting.

I tried it over my Dh's belly to see if it was just a magnetic thing but nothing happened at all. I'm going ot go get a longer string and try it on both of us and see what happens.

I can't get it to work on my or my partner's hands. It worked on my Mum's and sister's - well it got my Mum's kids right, my sister doesn't have any yet. It is starting to freak me out now. I know it's just superstition but it's wierd why it does nothing on my hand.

I saw this thread the other day so I checked out some more information on the internet... sounds very interesting!! Anyway I had a go with my wedding ring and a piece of string and did the wrist test. It was quite freaky how the ring moved, paused, moved paused and then moved and paused once more.

It came out as girl, girl, boy...

I had an early m/c last year so I'll have to wait and see if this comes true... hopefully it is a sign of babies on the way for me!

Oooo Milka wouldn't it be lovely if it comes true, all the best

well, just to double check.... i did it again on my hand and got definate back and forth Boy(my son darren who i lost at 18 weeks, then it sort of does a bit of a back and forth and a bit of a circle (my early mc maybe) then definate circles Girl (my daughter i lost at 35 weeks, then it does the bit of both thing again ( i did have another VERY early mc, but i am thinking it may just be it changing directions) and then goes back to the back and forth for ages and then just keeps swapping boy/girl/boy girl and doesnt come to a stop. So i dont know if, i am now preg with a boy or if it just keeps going through my babies i have lost, not counting it on my hand until i have it. And maybe it means after this preg i will have another girl, but i am not planning another pregnancy, unless of course this pregnancy goes well without any hitches, it may ease my mind enough to try to have another baby, but at the moment, we are going to count our selves very lucky if after 4 attempts we get one baby, and probably not try again.

When i do it on my tummy now, it does swing back and forth, so we will have to wait and see!!!

I am not clear on what happens with a m/c, if it does count m/c over the hand then my m/c may have been a girl

if you do it on your belly and you are not preg, will it just hang or if it does move , poss preg does anybody know???

Hi, this has worked out for all of mine, and if you do it on your partner it shows the same as yours. The children that you have together, not ones from a previous relationship.
    I have done this on alot of friends, and family, and for me. Everytime I have had a m/c, my list on the hand gets longer, as does my DH's. lol.

The way I do mine is place it on the wrist then lift it, let it do its thing , then place it on the wrist again, and do this until each child is shown the last time it will not move. The only time I let it keep spinning or going back and forth is when it is above the belly when pg.
    Last edited by csab; January 22nd, 2008 at 07:43 AM.

i did the ring thing on a friend and it went girl and then boy with out stoping , has andy one done people that have had twins , i am sure that is what it ment

On the belly when pg a few years back it showed girl boy girl, With the u/s it showed twins, not long after (a couple of days) I went thru a m/c, and I would place it over my belly and it showed three then as the bleeding got heavier it showed two over the belly, after the D & C showed nothing. Afterwards found out that my Aunty was pg with triplets and m/c one to have twins back when she was younger. She had multiple sets of twins.

Did my test yesterday at the Baby Shower, but I'm not convinced that it was conclusive...

It started out doing a side to side thing, but then changed quite quickly and smoothly into a circle.

I'm thinking about doing it again myself - did everyone else hold the ring themselves or have someone else do it?

Nettie, I get the same results whether I do it or someone else.

Just wanted to remind everyone that this is 'just for fun'. There is no meaning behind it, just freaky sometimes.
    So those of you getting mixed results or nothing happening I don't want you to be feeling upset.
    WE are in control of our lives not a ring on a string Just good fun.

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE TTC and all the best for those who are expecting their little surprises soon....let us know if the ring/needle was right :P

I am still getting a 100% success rate BTW...still spooky.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast