Thread: RLT-last resort to bring on labour before i go insane.....

Question RLT-last resort to bring on labour before i go insane.....

I have been searching for RLT but cant find it in any supermarkets.... where does everyone else buy it from?

Its my last resort to bring on this damn labour before i go insane!!!! Nothing else natural has worked so far.

I get what i think is BH, but are very painful, come and go, but thats as far as i get.

I have 11 days to go.....but the sooner the better, i think ill b a wreck and cry my eyes out if this bub is late. I feel as if s/he does not want to come out and meet mum and dad, i know that sounds silly but its how i think some days.

Kim - i used to get my RLT from a health food shop. I would try and drink 3 or more cups a day. Its not awful tasting but its a bit bland. I do think it really works to tone the uterus though, so good luck!
    HTH

I got mine from a chemist. I think it helped with me as well, it's the only thing I tried and I came 2 weeks early.

If it doesnt work, your buba might just not be ready to come out... Anyway, hoping something start happening!! Good luck!

clare076 Guest

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but RLT wont do a thing to bring on labour, UNLESS your body and baby are ready. I drank RLT from 28 weeks, also took RL tablets from 32 weeks and it did not bring on labour. (I did not take it to bring on labour), it is used to tone the uterus so you have more effective contractions when the time is "right". When women say RLT brought on labour more often than not it was going to happen anyway.

If you do want to take it either health food shop, or search for it over internet. Coles used to sell the tea bags (in Perth) in the health food aisle.

GL

What is RLT ?????

Raspberry leaf tea

Ah ok thanks hehehehehe

I hear ya!!! Both my girls have been 42 weekers and I think I started to go slightly insane at 38 weeks even though I "knew" I would be going overdue both times.

I started at 38 weeks with every natural induction method mentioned in the article on the main site. I found the ones that actually encouraged stronger contractions were the acupuncture and massage. Massage was what pushed me over in the end. So maybe one day drink 2 cups of RLT or take some RLT tablets (Blackmores have them & you can get them at good chemists). And get a massage from someone who does specific pregnancy massages & can "encourage" things along. A few hours after my second massage I went into labour at 41+4days.

Misery of pregnancy just dont cut it!!! LOL

I now know that RLT wont bring on labour thanks to doing so more research into it, id just heard about it so often as a 'natural induction method', i thought thats what it did; bring on labour! But thats ok, it may or may not help me come D-Day any how.

I never thought id 'signed' up for all this in pg, but at least ill be prepared for the future conceptions.

It all sucks past 38w. My mum told me today I was heaps better than last pregnancy - she saw me jog yesterday and I'm still doing everything pretty normally, but maybe I'm just getting on with the things that have to be done this time around.
    Then again - she saw me at 41w last pregnancy, and I remember distinctly everything turning pear shaped from 38w. It was like the day I was 38w I started putting on sooooo much weight (I put on about 5kg in 4w).

Anyway!! Leaf tea which is a geelong company does mail order (google them), and their RLT is looseleaf and really nice. I haven't been drinking it, but I have so many BH's each day, I know that my uterus HAS to be toned!!! I should really start that up again and try to do my 3-4cups a day.

Its almost over Kim - I know it doesn't seem like it, but look at the worst case scenario and it will be over in 3-4w tops.

Default warm up

Hi Kimbaz,
    Ooooohhhhhh I feel for you!!! Hang in there babe, it is all going to happen and it might be sooner than you expect .....
    I read this thing about taking a very strong brew of Raspberry Leaf Tea when labour first starts. I agree with Claire - it does not induce labour, but is believed to tone and nourish the uterine muscles so that the contractions are efficient and effective. I have 40 pages of notes and research on RLT - nothing conclusive! But at the very least, it's full of vitamins and I reckon it is a gentler alternative to syntocinon!
    I also tried herbalist "Nan Koehler's Birthing tea" - RLT plus basil, lavender and grated nutmeg. Dunno if it did any good, but our babe #3 was born in 2 hours and we avoided having to be transported to hospital for having the waters broken "for longer than 18 hours" (I know, I know - gaaaahhhh!)
    I also hear Evening Primrose Oil is a goody for the last few weeks as it "allegedly" helps the cervix ripen. So does a chemical contained in raw pineapple, they say!
    I figure, oh well the vitamins won't do me any harm and basically bub will come when it and me are ready.
    I also tried this WARM UP thing to *try* to keep me *sane* (yeh, right) in the last draggy weeks and during the "warm-up" stage of labour when things are ripening and you feel 'tweaks' but no real contractions yet.

W - water - go swimming (I liked the sea - failing that, a spa!) & walking - lots of walking every day (when one is desperate to go into labour it it amazing how many miles one is willing to walk with a veeerrrry pregnant body!)
    A - attitude - stay positive, telling myself I had a brilliant birthing body and I could do it, going through my prayers, verses, affirmations etc
    R - rest - balancing rest with exercise
    M - massage - and anything else that comforted & helped me feel better - time to be pampered!

U - underneath - preparing the perineum with perineal massage & learning how to relax the tissues on the exhale.
    P - positioning - lots of hands & knees belly hang positions to get/keep the baby anterior - pelvic rocks and pelvic sways & circles - I'd rather do the work of getting the baby anterior during the last weeks than be trying to rotate a posterior baby during labour!

Those BH contractions that might or might not be BH - don't be discouraged if they peter out and you can't measure any progress - it is all important birthing work that your body is doing - although it's not time for sustained, regular Cx yet, still it's all helping soften and prepare everything - your body's working great, just like it is supposed to - the hormones are starting to surge (so you feel about as gleeful as during menstruation - oh joy!) - but at least all these things are healthy signs that your body is priming for birth, and everything is working beautifully. You get a chance to practice coping strategies that you'll use when you're in active labour - and figure out what doesn't work for you.

Hang in there, look after you! Give your beautiful birthing body a pat, hope everything goes wonderfully for you. Look forward to hearing about it on BB.