Thread: Runny eggs

Default Runny eggs

Does anyone eat runny yolk in their eggs or do you cook them thoroughly? I love the yolk but am thinking that I have to refrain.

I've been told it's best to completely cook egg yolks right through because there's a small chance it can contain salmonella. I would sooo love a runny egg on toast but I'm gonna have to wait another 5 months or so LOL.

i refrained - as hard as it was - consequently I tended to go with scrambled eggs cause I really don't like my eggs to be completely hard.

Yeah runny egg is a no no, as is any raw egg or products containing raw egg because of the small risk of salmonella. Lucky for me I hate runny/raw egg!

OK - I'll be the naughty one again and say that I have my eggs runny.... but only really fresh ones.
    I'm sure it doesn't make any difference at all whether they are fresh or stale, but if I know they are fresh eggs, I will partake in a runny poached egg on occasion.
    Man I'm bad - I was soooo careful with Jenna's pregnancy, and I have been pretty naughty with this one.

Lol Fi... in the thread about the mayo/hollandaise there was talk about egg and I did admit that I had fried egg still a bit runny...not runny runny, but with the yolk mixed (lighter with the darker not as cooked) and the slighest bit runny still left. I didn't know it was a no no but oh well too late now anyway.

I'm having eggs tonight - wish I could have them runny....

i didnt know about the salmonella, its great to know though. I like my eggs to be cooked fully so its ok. im not pg yet but will remember to cook my eggs properly when i am.

I still have dippy egg and soldiers! Yum! I also love fried egg and poached egg with runny yolks, as well as eating raw cake mix when I have some buns in the oven. But I buy eggs from hens that are vaccinated against salmonella too.

I WANT EGGS NOW BIG RUNNY YOLKS OMG i am hungry heheheheh ..

i have been trying to steer clear also .. BUT OMG RUNNY YOLKS YEAH !

Yep... I eat runny yolks and they are YUM!!!
    We get our eggs fresh from our neighbours chickens pretty much straight after they have been laid.