Thread: Salami on pizza?

Question Salami on pizza?

How do we feel about eating salami type meat on a piza ie. very hot!?

I can't believe I am asking this, but overnight it seems I have my appetite back and I am CRAVING a pizza with pepperoni (no ham)! I thought I would just stay away from these things, but I really want one.......

Any thoughts?

i dont see a problem with it...

i have been eating salami throughout my pregnancy and no troubles so far.. im now 32 weeks btw.

i dont see u having an issue as long as it has been suitably heated (i have been eating it cold on sandwiches) in moderation tho and as long as it is fresh.

I had this exact same craving, and it's so good when you give in to it! Because it's been cooked at a high temp on the pizza it will be fine. Enjoy it!

Eat be merry! I have been having pizza (home made ones) with salami and pepperoni and all those yummy things every week! Now 28 weeks and waiting for tonights 'bought' pizzas to arrive ha ha..

I had the same craving when I was pregnant, I ended up eating heaps of pepperoni pizzas. yummy. I had the salami on salad sandwiches craving as well

Yep, I reckon go for it and enjoy. (I don't know if you're prone to heartburn, but sometimes the spicey goodness can effect you a bit more now that you're pg - I never suffered before but I get it regularly now. That's mainly because I still eat the stuff I want even knowing that I could get heartburn later!!! I'm not the most controlled of people )

yep its fine. Ham on pizza is also fine as its been cooked

Any cooked and served hot deli meats are fine. It's just if they are served cold that theres a small risk of listeria.

Also, with my first pg, I asked my ob if I really had to give up salami (I am of German heritage and can't really live without it ). My ob said that hard slamis are fine. I then went to my German butcher and said that I wanted some salami but that I was pg, and he said "oh well, you'll want some really hard salami then!" I had never heard it before, but there you go.

If it puts your mind at rest, my ob said that he's never seen a case of listeriosis the whole time he's been practising and that it's extremely rare. Nevertheless, I find I need to do everything I can to ensure that I don't inadvertantly harm my baby. Don't do anything you're not comfortable with, even if everyone says it's ok, because you will just cause yourself needless owrry and anxiety (better to be safe than sorry!)

I've been into the salty meats too! It's not so much a craving (I can take it or leave it) but if it's on offer, then I enjoy it more than I usually would! Like the others, I just make sure it's wll cooked, like on a pizza or in a hotpot like a chickpea and chorizzo dish.

when i was pregnant i craved mexicana pizza (no ham)

i had it with extra chilly and halopenos mmmmm

i didnt have any problems

make sure the salami is really well cooked

I would think its fine as it would be cooked and served hot