Thread: scan update

clare076 Guest

Default scan update

ITS A GIRL!!!!!

Waving for the camera and moving around heaps. She has lovely long legs, so we are hoping we have a supermodel in the making.
    Running a couple of days ahead of schedule but perfect in every way.

The only thing I am abit worried about is they found I have a low lying placenta, although sonographer feels this will move higher as pregnancy progresses. So another peak inside at 30 weeks to check progress.

Can anyone share any stories they have with this same problem? Not sure what to expect.

Hope everyone is well

Clare

Hi Clare,
    Congratulations on the news of carrying a healthy little girl. It must be exciting now to know what you are having!! This just means you can go shopping and know what colour clothes to buy and how to decorate the nursery. :bellyrub: for you!!!

Kas

Clare,

Congrats on a girl!!

When I was pg with Olivia my first few scans showed that I had a low lying placenta, that, at first, partically covered my cervix. By about 24 weeks though, it had moved to a posteria postion, tucked into the small of my back, well away from my cervix. At first I couldn't get round how it could "move" thinking it was fixed to the wall of the womb, but just think of it that as your womb size increases, it pulls the placenta around........bit like inflating a balloon!

Hopefully yours will move round nicely in plenty of time like mine did.........

Default reply

Clare, congrats on a girl xx

Congrats Clare!! It must be girly season, I found out friday that we're having a girl too!!!
    Don't know much about the low lying placenta, but we had an u/s concern and are going back as well for another u/s. It's nice we get to see our girls again!!

congrats clare on having a girl - and you too meg!!

Linda

Default Low lying placentas

Hello, congratulations on finding out its a girl. Our baby has had the cord between their legs on both scan occasions. The sonographer has said that they should be able to see "something" peeking out if its a boy and they can't but are not being definite on our baby being a girl. Still a surprise!

On to the low lying placenta - I have had this on 2 occasions now. With this pregnancy and my second one also. In both of them the placentas were anterior and low lying but as my uterus grew they migrated up and away from the cervix.

It is like a balloon expanding as someone said previously. The placenta itself doesn't move but your growing uterus gets larger and the part that was close to the bottom eventually becomes farther up.

Both times I was checked again by ultrasound at 32 weeks and each time there was nothing to be concerned about, the placenta had moved. This happens quite often and I would not worry about it too much.

Congrats on your little girl! I hope the placenta sorts itself out.
    Now can you flick me over some dust:

Congratulations on your little girl! How exciting!

Melinda Guest

Congratulations on your little girl!!! WOO HOO!!

Yay Congratulations on finding out your having a little girl \/