Thread: Scared!

Default Scared!

Hi!

I took clomid for 7 cycles while TTC but it turns out I was pregnant while i was taking the 7th cycle clomid (100mg for 5 days). I missed it because i had a 3 day bleed which i naturally assumed was AF as it was at the time AF was due. Plus i also did a hpt on the day AF was due and it was BFN.

But now i'm scared because you are not supposed to take clomid during pregnancy. My ob/gyno says she isn't worried about it. And i trust her ( she helped me get pg with DS, delivered him, and has been my FS during TTC#2), but i AM worried. I can't get to see her until 17 April. Then i can ask her what the real risks are.

Has anyone known of a case where clomid was taken during pregnancy by accident? And if so what happened??

I'm having a dating scan today which will put my mind at a little bit of ease if it is the right shape/size/position. I really hope i'll see a heart beat but i'm not going to get my hopes up too high on that as i know it's still early days.

Thanks

Sorry Linds, I am not sure about your question, but if your OBS isn't worried, then I wouldn't be too concerned. If it was a real issue, then he/she would have wanted to see you earlier. Do you know why you can't use Clomid when pg?

Well the scan didn't go as well as i had hoped. It's definately not 6 weeks, and they couldn't see anything except a blob which "has the potential to turn into a pregnancy". She said if it's around the 4 week or earlier mark its exactly what they'd expect to see, but the midwife who gave me my BT results and asked about my last period etc said 6weeks. I'll probably have to have another scan in another couple of weeks and hope to see a yolk sac and possibly a heart beat. If not, i guess it's not a "viable pregnancy" I'm a bit upset because i really just wanted to hear everything was perfect at 6 weeks. She couldn't rule out an etopic pregnancy.
    I'm trying to focus on my HPTs and BT results as they were definately positive.
    I have to wait until the 17th to see my ob/gyno, but i'm considering ringing her in a couple of days when she will have the scans and asking what she thinks.

Could it be possible that the bleed was infact AF and that you may only be 3-4 weeks pg? I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your bubba is a sticky one.

hugs xoxo

Oh LG. Bit frightening isn't it not knowing what's going on. When did you O? Coz if you O'd late in the cycle, then the pregnancy won't be as far along as you think - if you're going by the LMP.

If your doc isn't concerned about the clomid, then I wouldn't worry. I didn't end up needing clomid, but my OB said that he would do a blood test before each cycle of clomid because he didn't want me taking it if I was already pregnant, so there possibly is risks with it. But I'm sure your OB knows what she's doing

I'm pretty sure there's not much really to see on an u/s until you are about 6-7 weeks pg. We had ours at 8 weeks, and it was just a little jelly bean! But we could hear a heartbeat at that stage.

Hang in there.. hopefully everything is progressing smoothly and you're worrying over nothing

Hi LG
    You are right clomid should not be taken when pregnant (B3) However there have been a number of women who have taken this drug and so far not a single report of any problem with the baby.

LG I just had a look at your chart again and it is totally possible that you O'd a week later than you think... That coupleed with late implantation can explain your u/s results. I know it's hrd, but hang in there :hugs:
    Tanya

*Hugs* LG at not being as far along as you thought. But, like the others have said, if you ovulated later than you thought, then you're showing what you should be. Great that you got to see your blob. I have everything crossed that the next scan will show you a better look at your jellybean with heartbeat and yolk sac! It will be a good thing to get in earlier to see your ob/gyno to give you a better picture of what's going on. I know I'd be hopeless and stress myself silly if I had to wait until the 17th. Hang in there and try not to worry, LG!

Thanks everyone! FS got the scans yesterday and was concerned that it is so small - she thought i was 6wks - and sent me off for another hcg BT yesterday. i should get the results today.... I'm nervous...

Liz, what is LMP? I'm quite sure i did O late in my cycle, and FS got the 6wks idea from asking when was the first day of my last period.

Thanks for having another look at my chart, Tanya

LMP = last menstrual period