Thread: Second bubs when should you be showing?

Question Second bubs when should you be showing?

First I thought it might be bloated but if that is the case then I am waking up bloated!

I have searched for some 9-10 week pregnant tummies. I have found some that are quite big and some that are not showing at all.

So my question is do you show quicker with 2nd bubs? Is it normal to be showing this early or should tummy only be showing after the typical three month mark?

If anyone has a link to any online gallerys that would be fab.

Thanks

im 10 weeks and showing too. Im going to take a picture today

Yep, showing here too. I popped early with DD, but not this early!

I look like I have had a good winter's break from exercise and too many puddings! I can't wait to actually have a bump and feel those flutters *excited*

Feeling so off this morning though. Want to kill DH for not getting up to run around after our DS so I can rest .... So tired and so unwell.....

How are you ladies feeling?

I was showing pretty early, like 8 weeks. Now I'm 15 weeks and have a serious bump going on.

I definitely showed way earlier the second time around than I did the first. Clearly the belly just knew what to do and went with it. I think I am still larger than at the same stage for the last pregnancy, but have stopped measuring so I don't dwell on it!

I was showing at 8 weeks haha and it's my first. I've heard that you pop more quickly with each pregnancy.

I think it's to do with all those abdominal muscles not being as tight as they once were (unless you're a super fit gym junkie with washboard abs, I guess!) Plus the size of your babies tends to increase the more you have so chances are a 2nd baby will be a little bigger than a first.

Quote Originally Posted by hannahfroodoo View Post
    Plus the size of your babies tends to increase the more you have so chances are a 2nd baby will be a little bigger than a first.
    There goes my VBAC then lol my pelvis will only let a small baby fit out

Sorry that was o/t. My uterus actually popped up above my pelvic bone just after we found out, and then started to go dwn again, though the top is now able to be felt again... At first I was just bloated every day, even when I woke up, but now, my lower gut is hard (and I'm a larger lady!) and sticking out a bit... haven't ben able to wear my favourite jeans since I was approx 4 weeks (when we got our BFP, though I was 5 weeks at the time going by LMP) it was just too uncomfortable to put them on as they dug into my belly too much... trackies every day for me now until the weather warms up and then I can wear my favourite long black skirt with the 20cm stretchy elastic hem that will fit comfortably over my growing belly lol I knew there was a reason I bought it as the skirt to wear at my wedding lol

I went o/t again, but anyway, I didn't start to pop ith DS until around 12wks, and it didn't start to get uncomfortable to wear jeans until 8wks.

I was about 8 weeks! Mum laughs cos Princess Mary is preg with twins ad ddue in Jan (I'm also due in Jan) and my bump seems to be way bigger than hers!

Ohh I'm scared girls!! I was hoping to keep it a secret from friends until 12wks as one friend is pg with her first and we have her BS one weekend and the next weekend another friendsnight out- I didn't want to take the spotlight off them.

Although I was 24 weeks before I told my Boss last time and you could barely tell then - I carried really well. Just hoping it will be the same this time.

I guess time will tell.

I'm just pg with #6 and yep I'm big already. With #5 at 8 weeks I looked like I was 5/6 months but luckily I didn't add any more to that until the very end. And your 2nd will not necessarily be bigger than your 1st - mine were the same weight and I've known some to be smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by KimB View Post
    And your 2nd will not necessarily be bigger than your 1st - mine were the same weight and I've known some to be smaller.
    yes, I didn't mean to stress anyone out about the size of #2 ! it is just a generalisation!

didn't stress me out lol DS was 8Ib 3oz, and he was still too big to fit out. My Hubby was a 2nd born and was 10Ib! So my chances of having a smaller baby aren't looking very good lol

Lol so any size is normal? I took a picture yesterday because if it is bloating I have been bloated for the last 4 days. I have a whole little round tummy. : ) I should upload the pic. I seen on some of the 9-10 week online galleries, some girls are huge!!
    Some are tiny.

Btw as for how I am feeling. Fantastic. Could not complain one iota. Although cant go a day without someone arguing their point that I should be getting MS sometime very soon. Its just too early! They drive me nuttah.