View Poll Results: What was your sex drive like during pregnancy?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • My sex drive was low for the whole pregnancy

16 19.05%
  • My sex drive changed frequently

19 22.62%
  • My sex drive was the same as pre-pregnancy

12 14.29%
  • My sex drive increased a great deal

18 21.43%
  • Sex? What's that?!

19 22.62%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sex drive during Pregnancy

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Sex drive during Pregnancy

The effect pregnancy has on a woman's sex drive varies for each person. Some women find they have an increased sex drive, others find it decreases. What did you find to be the case?

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Everyone keeps promising me that my sex drive will increase now I am up to the 16 week mark......but it is distinctly lacking! I am not joking when I say we have only managed it once or twice since conception (and even then it was out of me feeling guilty!).

Poor DH has gone from 3 or 4 times a week to nothing!

Urgh @ the thought of sex. I was very anti-sex during my pregnancy with Kameron and I am again now. Keep telling andrew that i don't want to give the baby a headache

Love

Wow you gals make me feel like a fiend

My sex drive has dropped off recently leaving me feeling a little sad for partner and myself! Mind you at 26 weeks and v. swollen belly its more due to inconvenience than lack of desire!

We have obviously a very active sex life... with sex every day or second day most the time unless somethings up. (like too much work, illness or he has back injuries playing up).

And here I was thinking dropping to once a week was bad?

Thanks for sharing I feel a lot less guilty now!

Kaety

ha ha once a week! Since i wrote that we have maintained twice a week and im at 31 weeks now!

wonder if i will drop to once a week soon??

sex drive? what sex drive?

when i was pregnant with joshua i didnt want to have sex at all.. if i scaled my sex drive from 1 to 100 it would of been minus 50 !

Lesley

Wow!

Now I feel like the fiend!
    After I got over the MS, I couldn't get enough of DP. The only reason we haven't for a while is he had an operation on his stomach, and his muscles are still sore. It's driving me nuts!

Probably TMI, but I never used to like my nipples being played, and now Dp can actually get me off just by sucking on my nipples! (Sometimes anyway) That's going to make breastfeeding in public very interesting if Brandon is the same!

Don't worry Susan & Kaety you are not fiends I was as horny as a toad let me tell you! Why do you think Marc can't wait for me to get pregnant LOLOLOL!!!!! And why do you think he agreed to TTC so quickly he gets sex and lots of it LOL! And I have to put up with it

And a beautiful thing to note about sex & pregnancy, is that I read somewhere that when the mother orgasm's its like the baby gets a hug. Awwww isn't that sweet...if they only knew lol therapy for life! J/K!

So my friends, if you are a fiends, then we can be fiends together.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Quote Originally Posted by Cailin
    And a beautiful thing to note about sex & pregnancy, is that I read somewhere that when the mother orgasm's its like the baby gets a hug. Awwww isn't that sweet...if they only knew lol therapy for life!
    Well our babies must be feeling pretty loved already then!

Fiends of a feather, stick together?

Pietta Guest

It's really quite crazy, DH and I had THE most active sex life.. very adventurous (sp?) and everything. We concieved I am sure by being kinda adventurous and afterwards saying- hold your legs in the air so the little guys can get down there!! LOL- obviously it worked... anyway!
    Now i have spurts where on a weekend I cant get enough of the wonderful Duff and we have sex about 4 times a day, but other times we have gone for ten days without sex. Poor Dh must be so confused!! I feel like I am being a bad wife when i just can't do it sometimes, but Dh is very understanding.
    Here's hoping it goes back to normal afterwards!

LOL Susan I must have missed your post before

Pee don't worry it only gets more confusing *after* the bubs arrives LOL!

I am glad I wasn't the only one with a good libido when pregnant LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Debbie Lee Guest

Hmmm.... well, I just cast my vote as my sex drive being low but I am only 12 weeks so I am really hoping that'll change!
    Neil and I have had sex twice since we conceived. Once, I felt sorry for him so I told him to be gentle. I hated it. All I could think about was whether or not we were hurting the baby (I know you can't but the thought won't go away). The second time, he was drunk and I had a rotten cold. He persisted so I thought "why not?" but had to push him off cos I couldn't breathe! I was seriously out of breath and I thought my chest was going to cave in. I think he was worried that he had killed me, .
    So I dunno when we will give it another try. Neil now has my cold (I say it's his fault - he hassled me! ). I can tell it is getting to him. I suppose I just have to relieve him in "other" ways until I feel up to it (heheheh).

ROFLMAO Debbie I can't remember if I was like that in the beginning or not. I think I remember telling marc that we couldn't have sex till after the 12 week mark, I think I was terrifired of an m/c and had spotting at 8 weeks. But I think after that well you couldn't stop me

*hugs*
    Cailin

Well I voted for changes frequently. I really really want to sometimes, but as soon as we get close my brain says "No, you'll hurt the baby". Totally irrational I know, but can't get past it just yet.

I was exactly like that Sarah! During the first trimester it was a no go zone, and then alternated until the final few weeks when I went a bit crazy ...we're back to no go zone atm though....

I always used to be pretty horny, and during the first trimester my libido increased tenfold! But from 2nd trimester and onwards my libido totally dissapeared... and still hasn't come back :smt009

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh dear! I hope I don't lose my libido forever.
    I keep saying "Bring on second trimester where I will turn into a sex-crazed vixen who wants to roll around in the sack in wild abandon at least twice a week"
    Poor DH is starting to suffer!

*bumppity bump bump*

*hugs*
    Cailin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast