Thread: Sex and pregnancy

Default Sex and pregnancy

My GP suggested this time around that we not have sex given my history of miscarriages. I was half expecting this but stupidly, I didn't ask if that meant no sex for the first trimester, whole pregnancy, til I got past the point of my previous mc's or what. Needless to say, poor DH is not a happy boy - gone from being told he has to be available for sex every 2 seconds of the day to going cold turkey !!!

Anyway, my GP is away at the moment - back in a couple of weeks - but wondered if any of you had gone through this and knew the answer.

I "think" its usually the first trimester that women with a history of m/c avoid sex, hopefully someone else will shed some light on this.

I am pretty sure that it would just be the first trimester. Were you m/c 's in the first trimester?

Yep - one at 5.5 weeks and a missed mc at 10 weeks, which as under pretty extreme circumstances that won't occur again

Thanks girls.

You should be ok after the first trimester

By the way, when you do get to talk to your OB, if he does by chance, ban sex for the whole pregnancy, ask what, specifically, is banned. Sometimes they ban intercourse, but not orgasm (for you), sometimes orgasm, but not intercourse, and sometimes both. There might be some relief for your DH, even if you are still under restrictions.
    Hope everything goes well for this pregnancy!