Thread: Should i be feeling bub move

Default Should i be feeling bub move

Hi all,
    this has been playing on my mind the last couple of days, and now to add to it my sister in law who is 26 weeks and my mum have both asked me if Ive felt the bub move.
    My answer is no not yet, This is my third pregnancy and I havent felt a thing, although i must admit I dont get the chance to sit down and take notice as it is school holidays at the moment.

I had my check at 12 weeks and all was good, but Im not due back at the hospital til Feb 13th, I think Im going to go out of my brain between now and then. I felt both my others at this stage.

I am tempted to go have a 3D scan done just to ease my mind, although they are expensive.

Im going to drive myself nuts.

Hi Tan
    Most women will not feel their baby move until around 18 - 20 weeks and for some first time mums it can even be a few weeks later.

I've heard that sometimes the placenta can be in front of bubs in some cases, therefore making it difficult for you to feel bub's movements...

HI Tan, I had the same problem with this baby. Like you he is my third. My first child I didn't feel until 18 weeks, but my second child I felt at 14 weeks. This one I didn't feel until about 18 weeks again. I think it can have something to do with the placement in the uterus (if it is on the back wall then movement can take a while to feel).
    If you are really worried though, go see your doc. A simple us will put your mind at rest.

I'd give it a few more weeks before you get too worried, especially if the last check up was right on track.
    Sidenote- how much does it suck to have a SIL who is soooo good at being pregnant?

Don't stress about it. It's early days yet. Even with subsequent pregnancies it can take weeks longer. Also I read that if you have more weight on you than what you did with previous pregnancies that can make it harder to feel the movements, not sure if that applies to you.

DoubleK Guest

i felt my first 'flutter' at 17 weeks!

i wouldnt worry too much at this stage!

I know its my first pregnancy and i was worried about the same thing. I talked to the ob about it and he said not to expect anything until 22 weeks. Lo and behold... at 22 weeks i started to feel kicks everywhere!!! And that is with my placenta being posterior Dont worry too much. Good luck with your pregnancy