Thread: Showing?

Default Showing?

I have looked and looked on threads and can't find an answer.

When does the female (on average) begin to show?

hey lesa everyone is certainly different.

I have known women who dont even look pregnant by 6 months and yet my sister looked HUGELY pregnant at 4 months.

By around the 12 wk mark the uterus is starting to grow above the pelvis and will be slightly starting to push out. By 20 wks the top of the uterus is about level with your belly button. I have seen women who show straight away and others don't look pg at 5 months. With my first pg I started showing by around 14 wks, but with the next two I was in maternity gear by 10wks.

I am 22 weeks, and this week all of a sudden I really have popped out........but it was heaps earlier with Charlie, but later with Olivia...........go figure.

It seems to really really vary depending on the woman and even then it varies from pregnancy to pregnancy.......

I popped last week & it was REALLY noticable so thats 18 weeks for me, with Matilda it was a slow gradual thing but I don't think I actually looked pregnant until around 24 weeks.

I'm 23 weeks, popped at about 22. Before that - nothing really. Sort of started to bulge a little around 20 but only recently have popped dramatically.

I don't think I have obviously poped out till after 20 weeks with any of my pg's. This one it is there but I can suck it in still.
    I get lots of "wow, are you sure your pg??"
    Ahhhh YES!

I can suck it in still
    LOL

But isn't it nice to all of a sudden realise you don't have to suck it in? I constantly hold my tummy in........but then all of a sudden I ralise I DON'T HAVE TOO for the next few months! Bliss!

Its strange actually, I find I suck it in while I am driving. I don't know why but I do!

When i was pregnant with Nick, i didn't start showing until around 20 weeks, with Ryan it was about 15 weeks, and this time, i am 14 weeks and look huge, my belly is really noticable already, it's quite scary

I started showing very early, around 8 weeks or so.. mostly just bloatedness.. but by the time i told everyone at work i was pregnant, at 11.5 weeks, they had already guessed and hadnt said anything.
    My friend is pregnant with her second and came into work for lunch the other week and she was only 5 weeks and everyone was asking if she was pregnant after she left!

Thank you ladies!!

I didn't really need to change much clotheswise until I was about 24 weeks or so - it was pretty annoying as I couldn't find any maternity clothes that actually fitted until about 30 weeks - especially jeans.
    This time around I am already starting to notice it - I am more prominent in the belly region - especially when wearing my bodysuit for netball. But still I haven't "popped" I would say give me another month and I'll be digging out the maternity clothes

Lorin Guest

I am 22 weeks and i cant say i look pregnant but if i say something about being pregnant people say to me oh you must be so early. lol and i say that yer 22 weeks and there like gosh your tiny for 22 weeks. But i am a small person, i weigh about 53kg nows that im preganant and i am short as well.

I am a bit the same hardly showing, with certain clothes noone would know really, just starting to notice a little bump now, but thats normal for me