Thread: Sinus.....blerk!

Default Sinus.....blerk!

I just got sinus......literally!

I was reading a post somewhere on BB last week (I think) and they just mentioned in passing they were using TeaTree Steam to help clear their sinus.

Can anyone shed more light on this? Is it safe? I am 30 weeks if that makes any diff.

Cheers.

xxxx

Hi,

I just got over having sinus for nearly 2 months, I ended up with a sinus infection and bit the bullet and went on AB. I tried steam with teatree and eucalyptus but it had no effect. The AB i took are a catagory A so were safe to take while pregnant.

I know so many women do not want to take anything while pregnant but I just wanted to let you know that there is that final choice when all else fails.

I hope it clears up for you soon.

No real advice, if eucalyptus works, the sudaclear plug in vaporiser is good. I found it worked when i had a cold... not sure what the difference between sinus and a cold is tho.. goodluck

I have bad sinus' at the best of times, and it gets worse during pregnancy for me. Like the whole time I'm congested and wake with sore throats etc.
    I sleep on an angle the majority of the time.

My first pregnancy I got a cold, and was over not being able to breath through my nose o much that I downed a pack of mentos in about 2 minutes flat, just to clear my sinus with peppermint I was desperate

Default Sinus.....blerk!

Fess nasal spray can help, it's just saline so very safe, you can take antibiotics if it gets bad enough. I get it each pregnancy like kungfurebecca i have ended up really dizzy and throwing up.

Default Sinus.....blerk!

I've had 2 sinus infections in my 15 (so far) weeks of pregnancy - I love having no immune system! I got straight onto the ABs - cat A so safe for preg - but there are two things that can help to temporarily ease the pain:

1) use a ceramic bowl, pour in about 3 cups boiling water and about 10ml eucalyptus oil - set a timer for 10 minutes (cos it feels like an eternity), sit yourself over the bowl and put a towel over your head making sure there are no gaps between towel and table. You'll cough and gag but try to breathe in through the nose. Can help if you're feeling a bit chesty too but can trigger off asthma so be careful.

2) get 8 camomile tea bags and soak in 1/2 cup boiling water for about 5 minutes. Get 2 facewashers and line up the drained tea bags along the middle of one of the towels. Fold this towel into thirds, overlapping the ends over the line of bags. Drizzle a little of the liquid over the towel, then wrap the second towel around the first towel. Lay this over your sinuses and forehead until it's cooled down. You can zap this in the microwave if you want to reuse it. Don't burn your face!

Hopefully you can get a bit of relief - sinus pain is awful!

I have been suffering really badly with my sinuses since before I was pregnant... I'm almost 17 weeks and its just getting worse and worse for me. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me something rather non-safe (not going back there again!). I found FESS nasal spray did absolutely nothing for me and since I never got any help from the dr I ended up getting a nasal wash from the chemist. it's not as horrible as you'd think. You basically fill the provided bottle with warm boiled water and mix it up with a saline sachet they give you, put the spout bit in one nostril and squeeze gently. The water will go in one nostril and out the other, then you do the same on the other side. It sounds gross but it really isn't so bad (and I was terrified of doing it).

It does kinda help... my biggest problem though is my post nasal drip and it didn't make any difference with that sadly