Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping on my tummy

Question Sleeping on my tummy

is it ok?

I sort of lift my leg to the side so the pressure is more on my hip than my tummy.....it is ok for small amounts of times.

Do I just stop doing it when it hurts or becomes uncomfortable?

beastie Guest

danny, you can sleep on your tummy as long as its comfortable for you.
    my friend slept on her tummy until the birth

Danni, i slept on my stomach with all the boys till it was uncomfortable for me to do. I love sleeping on my stomach and can't wait for this belly to be flat again so I can go back to it LMAO

Love

I sleep on my tummy & did so with both pregs, toward the end you just shove pillows in all positins to get comfy...

I slept on my tummy while pg with Violet

Tanya

There are a few things I CRAVE in pregnancy........pate, fags and SLEEPING ON MY TUMMY!!

OOO really... fags.... LOL....!!!!

Yeah.......mad, I know........I am just lusting after my illicit freedom of youth.........

cheeky chooks get out of my thread :P

Sorry Danni......to answer your question, I have to be honest, I never felt comfy on my tummy from as soon as I knew I was pg, so I never do. But that is just me.....all in the mind....

Hehe thanks lucy

I still read lying on my tummy in bed, it's great. But I find that I'm tending to roll over onto my left side no matter how I go to sleep - even when I fall asleep onto my book, I'll awaken on my left side. I usually go to sleep on my right side, but it does make forcing DH to give me a cuddle in the morning easier if I wake up facing him. I think your body knows what to do, so if you don't move from your tummy it must be safe for you and the baby.

I wish I could sleep on my tummy I just don't like the "pressure" it feels uncomfortable. I have to do the angle thing and prop myself up a bit. I miss sleeping on my tummy!!!

Ryn, how do you still lay on your tummy at 18wks? I could see myself rolling around and being like a see-saw...lol

I like sleeping on my tummy until it starts to pop out after 12 weeks or so, then it gets too uncomfortable.

Do it while you can, Danni! I couldn't sleep on mine from just about conception/implatation with Blake. My BB's were so sore I couldn't sleep/lie on them. Hell if you even looked at them they'd hurt!

Cass, my bump is still tiny - check out the website photos, but they're usually taken just after I've eaten a big meal so I get a big bump! Lying on my back, I'm still pretty much flat.

moving to General Pregnancy Discussion

Hi Danni,
    It is ok to sleep on your tummy as long as you are comfortable. I love to side/tummy sleep, but have already got a bump that feels like a ball under my tummy if i roll to much onto my tummy, so cant sleep on my tummy anymore. It is uite painful as well if i roll onto my tummy, so i have to get up and flip over to the other side instead. you wont hurt your bubs in any way hun, so enjoy it as long as you can

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast