Thread: Slipped down the stairs....

Unhappy Slipped down the stairs....

I guess I am just looking for some reassurance. .... about half an hour ago I slipped and fell down a couple of stairs at work. I landed on my hands and knees thankfully and am avoiding calling my midwife (because I don't like to annoy people really) because I guess I wonder if its really unneccessary.

If I fell on my stomach it would be a different matter right??? I'm not underreacting by not calling?? Even though I am really worried.

Because it is still earlish in the pg feeling movement is something I need to sit down and relax for so while I havent felt movement since the fall it has only been a little while. SHould I just hold out tonight and if there aren't any movements then call in the morning?? Is this waiting too long though??

Sorry if I sound a bit all over the place, I'm just don't want anything bad to happen to smudge.

I would call your midwife and get her advice. I would also try to sit down and relax a bit in order to "bring on" some movement perhaps?

Funnily enough I did this just yesterday myself - I chose not to call ob/midwife tho as I landed on my legs and it wasnt that heavy a fall.

Actually in that case I just contradicted myself really didnt I?

Its terrible when you fall isn't it!! I had two really bad falls during my first pregnancy, and didn't call a midwife or doc cos there wasn't any pains in my belly, nor any bleeding. So I sorta took the view that no blood or pain must mean a-ok!!!! But if you are worried, I would call. :-)

I'd call just to be on the safe side, I dont know what a midwife can do for you over the phone.

If you start feeling any different definately ring or go to a hospital...

I would call too

Well I opted to go home that night much like Gaby's and there has been plenty of movement since.

Today I had a bit of a scare - for about half an hour it felt like I had PMS cramping - not a 30 second cramp, it was a constant pain for half an hour. Other then that there has been no bleeding or anything so I can only assume things are a-ok. If I get any more pains though I will call the midwife.

It's good to hear that everythings alright though, I kept coming back to check the thread...

Funny you mention the pain, I thought I had 2 contractions yesterday...

You are probably fine if you didnt fall on your tummy, remember baby is nice and protected in your tummy and when you landed on your hands and knees the baby probably only felt a soft swaying motion. I fell up some stairs a few months ago and landed on my hands and knees, and Im ok Apart from sore knees!
    If you are worried though, give your midwife a call, Im sure she will be able to reassure you