Thread: SO ITCHY! Clarantyne?

Default SO ITCHY! Clarantyne?

Does anyone know if it's safe to take antihistamines??

I am going crazy with this itchy belly. I can't use moitsurisers (even olive oil!) because I come out in a rash that's even worse!!!

Have been in the shower for the last 20 minutes trying to soothe it down, which works, but as soon as I get out, it's back itchy again!!!

Anyone got a good distraction/remedy?

Default SO ITCHY! Clarantyne?

I think there is one brand that is ok it helps with morning sickness too. My gp advised me not to take anything if I could help it when I got hives. Showers and wet tea towels were what helped me the most.

Is it just your belly that's itchy hun? If so, that's probably just the skin stretching - and all I could suggest would be moisturisers, sorry. I didn't get much relief either.

If you're itchy anywhere else though, you need to talk to your HCP about it - itchiness can be a sign of liver issues(colystasis, sp?), which are really serious during pregnancy. If your hands get itchy in particular, you need to speak to your HCP asap.

GL. Not long to go now!

oh you poor thing I COMPLETELY sympathise for you because I had that in the last 3 weeks it drove me INSANE it is SO BAD...... I was in agony with it one night I was going insane trying not to scratch it and had to keep having cool showers (thankfully it was summer!!) that helped but as soon as I got out of the shower the pain was back!! I had that PUPPPS rash.... ( cant' remember proper name of it).... it was just awful. One night was so bad i kept waking and DH had to sleep in the spare room I was annoying him with waking up so much (don't blame him!) and kept having showers.
    I rubbed almond oil too that didnt help me either. I used to put ice packs on my tummy to relieve it and cold wet towels but besides that, i just waited for it to pass.... it was real bad for about a week or two then stopped.

I was going to use Calamine lotion but couldn't find it! Oh thats right I did go to the chemist and ask for an ezcema (sp?) type cream for itchiness that did help but not really much..... try that perhaps? cant' remember what it was called but just ask a chemist.

Great news is once you go into labour it will stop not long now..... good luck.

BR, thanks for that- I'm finding it's worse at night- currently walking around in pj pants and a bra, with a wet towel wrapped around my waist!!

Persephone, yup, it's just my belly, it's getting pretty dry now that I haven't moisturised it for about a month. The showers are both a blessing and a curse- the water helps relieve, but then dries the skin out even more. Ah well. Thanks for the luck!

Thanks Shanti- the hugs help

I have eczema and get really itchy all over, I get it a lot on my belly too. Because I am so prone to getting eczema I have to really try to not scratch it. I got Polaramine from the chemist and they checked it all out and said its fine to take while pregnant. It does make me drowsy, but that works out well because I take it before I go to bed because the itchiness is worse at night.
    I also use a QV moisturiser for dry skin on the spots where I have a rash. You can get it from the chemist. I have very sensitive skin and this doesnt make the rash worse, in fact after a few days of using it the rash disappears. I also use sorbolene cream when I dont have a rash and it's very soothing. Both help me immensely with dry/flaky skin. I cant use normal moisturisers as the chemicals in them make my skin react and just make things worse.

HTH's