Thread: So new to this...

Question So new to this...

Morning All,

As you may know (coz I am shouting it form the roof tops!) im now 4 weeks and 5 days preg (YAY!)

For the past week or so I have been having slight AF type cramps evey now and again - my doc siad thats normal but if they get bad to go back to her..

Did anyone else get cramps on and off when newly preg??
    I have read that its normal and that its things stretching and dealing with new hormones... anyones experiances would be awesome!
    I have become more of a worry wart now!
    Thanks!
    Kate

Hi Kafer!
    Welcome and if you like we can carried through this journey together.
    I too am about 4-5 weeks.

As for the cramps. yes as long as they arent combined with bleeding or extremely painful it is normal.
    I have had dull cramps - had 1 week of spotting which ended yesterday (makes me wonder if it was like aperiod???).

With dd #1 i had cramps a lot the first trimester and i called it renovating! lol.

Dont worry and PM me if you want to chat.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Congratulations!!!!!

Cramping is very normal and i still get it now at 17 weeks 5 days!

Good luck with it all belly belly is a great place to get info and help with anything!

Hi there and Congrats.
    Yep i though that i was getting AF due to the cramps but was 4-5 weeks pg - we were not TTC so found out as i had a dream that i was pg and so did a test!

I got cramping on and off up until about 12 weeks and then it went away.
    If you get any bleeding or they change or become severe thou, go and get checked out.

Congrats again

cramping is quite normal and I find if I'm a bit windy or anything they can be quite painful but do pass. as others have said uless bleeding is assoicated or severity maintined they are generally no worries.

Thanks PM!

It would be wonderfull to go throught this journey together!

I would not class my cramps as any worse than any AF cramps that I have had and there is no bleeding - they are pretty much in the same areas as AF cramps and into my back and I have stretchy feeling in my groin as well - yeah perhapse there is a little renovating going on!
    I feel megga bloated too which I have read it normal!
    Its just a bit scarey! As it is so early and I really dont have any MS or other symps other than cramps and sore boobs and bloating - its hard to know if eveything is going AOK down there? Does that make sense?

Thanks again
    Kate

Thanks Eveyone!

I feel so relieved!!

I will monitor and if I feel that they are worse I will go to docs just incase!

I just Private messaged you. (PM)

Kafer i can understand what you mean about wondering if everything is a-ok!
    I didn't know i was pregnant, but my boobs were more sore than normal and grew a cup size in the first week - and i had period-like cramping, so as it was unexpected i just figured AF was taking it's sweet time to come along and that i just needed to de-stress and relax a little... Turns out it was a bubba
    Like someone else mentioned the cramping can last a fair while - i imagine less so if it's a second or subsequent child - but for us first timers while our uterus is growing it can be a bit painful, unfortunately. I went through a stage around 12 weeks where i couldn't wear any pants unless they were a billion sizes too big and elastic waisted because the slightest pressure would put me in agony!
    Sorry - i shouldn't scare you, i just remember that's what it was like...
    Congratulations on your pregnancy , may it be a happy & healthy one for you.
    And of course, touch wood, the morning sickness stays away .
    Last edited by The[cookie]Doctor; February 13th, 2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: edit

I had really bad cramping first time around, but not as bad this time...
    Congratulations on the pregnancy too!!

Congrats on the pregnancy!
    I didnt have any cramping with DD and DS1 But with DS2 and this one i have had cramping. This time around it has been worse, and i am still getting it now (20weeks on sat).
    So dont stress as your little bubba will feel it just relax and try and enjoy the ride!!