Thread: So sad

Unhappy So sad

I've just found out a close friend has lost her baby at 15 weeks. It had Edwards diseasse which affect the whole body - mostly the organs. Apparantely at the 12 weeks scan they noticed the liver and kidneys were quite small but a scan yesterday showed that it was dying. The has to have a c/s. The baby prob wouldn't have survived even if it got to birth.

Just 2 weeks ago we were talking abut our babies being a month apart. She sounded really positive but did say they would wait till the 20 week scan to be sure - I didn't think anything of it. I feel just terrible. Any loss is terrible but to get to 15 weeks is so sad. I also feel awful that we are and then I also hope everything is okay with our baby because of course you start to worry.

I feel like crap.

Last edited by JordieC; March 12th, 2009 at 08:29 AM.

Hugs sweets. Sorry to hear of your friends loss.

Oh I'm sorry

It sounds like a dreadful disease to have She's lucky she has you because I'm sure you will support her

Oh no, that's so sad . You poor friend. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

so sorry to hear of your friend's loss - and i understand how you would feel now. These things are quite rare but i know it is hard not to worry about your own too when it happens - I am going through something similar at the moment (a baby who has died at 5 wks old) and it keeps me up at night thinking about it. big hugs to you. xxx

I'm So sorry to hear about this... Its so sad all the angels flying way too soon. Hugs to your friends and to you also... Its just so sad.

That is awful.....just try to be there when your friend needs...but i would be the same...i would feel like crap too........hugs....

Yes. That is Trisomy 18 - also known as Edward's Disease.

When I was told my baby was high risk for it, they quite nicely said, "It's not viable for life." It's a horrible thing. I had an amnio and my baby doesn't have it - but the threat of it, let alone having a baby with it, is just so painful.

Hopefully your friend can move on in the memory of her little baby, with your assistance and support. It's nothing she has done, it's just chromosomes not "playing the game" and doing what they're supposed to - getting an extra chromosome number 18.

I hope your friend tries again for another baby.

I feel your grief and hope you also feel OK eventually too. Little babies will never be forgotten.

On You-Tube there's a little video called 99 Days for a baby who was born with Edward's Disease. It's a dad's tribute to his little boy who lived for 99 Days and they documented every day of his life. It's just so beautiful, but probably not a good thing to watch when you're already sad though.