Thread: Soft stomach wall - baby moving a lot

Default Soft stomach wall - baby moving a lot

At my ob visit this week the baby was moving heaps as per normal. In fact while she was listening to the fetal heart beat she literally started with the doppler on one side of my belly and finished right over the other side! She commented that I have a soft stomach wall so the baby can move as much as it likes.

Afterwards I was wondering what that meant, whether it was good, bad, indifferent, normal, abnormal etc. My first moved a lot as well but she didn't comment on my stomach wall then so I don't know if it was the same or not.

I wish I had thought to ask while I was there. Don't you hate that!! Does anyone know anything about this??

Melanie.

I can't see it being an issue either. Apparently I have an irritable uterus according to my GP, and she said the only discomfort is for me! It just means that I get a bit sorer than some, and feel the movements and kicks a bit more sensitively than some.
    On the good side - you will always be able to count your movements through the day and keep all your midwives happy And it is kinda cool to see them moving around so much. I'm picking by the time room starts running out in there the soft stomach wont make any difference at all! It will still be sore and uncomfy, and you will still haev a foot in your ribs and a head in your bladder!

skorpy Guest

I suppose it just means that its lack and the baby can move more freely instead of being tight where the baby is restricted.My baby moves alot too and when i went to have the heart listened too the Midwife had to chase this active baby about all over my stomach and took 10 minutes before actually getting to listen to the heartbeat and as listening to it the monitor she was using got kicked about abit and the reply was "wow active baby",so i must have the same as you.

Thanks guys. How true is that Fi!!! LOL (in between ouches!!).

Skorpy - DS was also active in utero and at 17 months still is!! Guess that's what we're in for this time!!

Melanie