Thread: sore belly

Default sore belly

last night around 6:30 i was laying on the couch and when i stood up i got a really painful feeling on the left side of my abdomen in line with belly button. it made me double over for a few seconds. it has been sore on and off ever since, especially when getting up or tensing stomach muscles. i think that i have read this is normal 'stretching and growing' pains but what can i do about the pain. it really hurts when i move it and when i am not moving it is still tender. also how long should it be lasting for, it has been all night.

Try a wheat bag for the muscle soreness. I get this a bit and I find that helps.

i am starting to get a little worried. my belly is still sore and it has been over 24 hours. it is tender in the certain spot most of the day and then when i move in certain ways it hurts really bad. i havent got any discharge or bleeding, but am starting to worry about preterm labour. am i worrying for no reason?

How far along are you Hollo? Maybe ring your Dr or midwives and just check if only for peace of mind.

Yeah it sounds like you have pulled something as Em said... take it easy, try not to worry and call your m/w to make sure.

Late in pg your stomache muscles actually come apart to allow for the baby, so it could be just that they have done that and you getting up quickly has stretched it...

thanks everyone. well it is still sore!!! i have an appointment to see doctor tomorrow.

Good luck Hollo - let us know how it goes!

Hollo, it is probably just a pulled muscle. Maybe take some panadol, just to help ease the pain until you see your dr tomorrow. Good luck and I hope it eases soon.

well the doctor said that it is most probably 'round ligament pain' from growing and stretching as it happened when i got up from a lying down position and to just take panadol if it is bad. however, after she had a feel of my belly she asked if it was tender to the touch. i said that it isnt now but it was when it first happend. she then said well if it happens again come straight to the doctor or the hospital. its wierd that she said not to really worry about it but then if it happens again seek medical help. lets just hope it doesnt come back.. thanks for all of your advice everyone.