Thread: sore muscles above pubic bone - WHAT IS IT??

Question PLEASE HELP - Is this my uterus moving out of my pelvis??

Hi,

Well for the last 4days I have had really sore muscles in the 2inch strip across the front of my body right above my pubic bone. (sorta the bit between the vagina and stomach which I suppose is technically stomach but I don't really class it as that) It feels like what stomach muscles feel like after doing a few hundred situps except it's not my stomach. I have also noticed the area is a lot harder and sticking out a bit more (DH noticed this too without me even mentioning anything about it being sore etc. Also it is sorer (sp?) when i sorta bent my body like if I'm laying down and go to get up

So I was wondering if anyone else has felt this same thing or knows what it's from (I thought maybe it was the uterus starting to come up out of my pelvis but I thought that didn't happen til 12weeks). I am either 7w3d today or 8w (I am having a scan on Tues but dr and I both think I'm 8w today). There is a small possibility I am having twins, would that mean the uterus would rise earlier seeing as it would get bigger sooner??

Any help or suggestions would be great as I really want to know what this pain is?
    Last edited by Jas; December 17th, 2006 at 05:50 PM.

Sorry I don't think I'll be much of help, but if I were to take a guess I would think it would be your ligaments and muscles joined onto your uterus stretching to accommodate your growing uterus. Who knows your maybe twins might be pushing you around already!
    Hope all works out fine, and good luck at your scan on Tuesday.:P

Thanks Mel, I think on tues I will ask where my uterus is at the moment, and ask if thats what the soreness was from. I am thinking about calling tomorrow and asking if they can just do an internal u/s. If I get them to do an internal will they still be able to tell where my uterus is?

Also after 4days this soreness has now gone away.

Glad to hear the soreness has eased off. Not sure about the internal but I would think your OB or Doc or Midwife should be able to tell you where your uterus is sitting just by touching the outside of your lower abdomen.
    Good Luck, on tuesday, I hope you can find out what caused it. I have my NT scan tomorrow morning, have started to worry over the last couple of days something will be wrong, fingers crossed all goes well.
    Have a good Chrissy.