Thread: sore tummy

Default sore tummy

For the last week or so I've been getting really bad pains in my lower stomach - under my bump. They feel a bit like muscle cramps and if I move they sometimes go away. Has anyone had anything similar? What was the cause?
    I'm not sure if I should wait until my next appointment (2 weeks away) to ask the midwife about it or ring them up now.

Hi Dachlostar

How often do you get the pains?
    How long do they last?
    What makes them come? (if you know)
    What makes them go away?
    How painful are they?
    Can you feel your baby moving?

I get them quite often - they seem to be there most of the time but most of the time they don't hurt enough to pay attention to IYKWIM
    They usually last for at least a few minutes
    They usually start when I move or change positions but not always
    Often finding a new position gets rid of the but sometimes its just a matter of riding it out
    They vary from just a bit uncomfortable to needing to stop what I'm doing unti they go away
    The baby is still kicking away in there.

thanks for your time Alan.

I had this too and was told it was just more ligament stretching as the baby moved downward. Mine were sharp pains when I moved in certain positions...

I've had it at the very top of my belly. Quite sharp, and tender to press too. I found I had it quite badly after having done quite a bit around the house the day before. Sometimes I get it just standing and doing the ironing for too long. Haven't had it for a couple of weeks now tho.

I also get stitch-like pains under my belly if I'm walking around the shops too long or something. But all these things seem to come and go.

Hope it goes away for you soon Dach.

I think what is happening is your body has started to release a hormone called relaxin. This hormone causes the joints of your body to become loose. You have a joint right in the middie of your pubic bone and when this joint becomes loose it can be quite painful. Usually it can be very painful when you move and twist your pelvis like when you turn over in bed.

Thanks for your help Alan.

I've been getting similar dach! Although no way near as bad as with Paris. Mind you my pelvic instability seems to be holding on tight with Paris it was starting to ease by this stage. I do find though I get tummy cramps more with this pregnancy, and I wonder if its because he is DEFINITELY more active than Paris ever was LOL! And more pushy too! I have many alien moments LOL!

Ahhhh the joys hey

*hugs*
    Cailin