Thread: Sour Cream

Default Sour Cream

I know this may seem like a strange one, but is it ok to have sour cream? I have the biggest craving for wedges with sour cream and wanted to make sure it's ok to indulge this little craving!!

The only 'iffy' ingredient I can see on it is 'sour cream culture'...what is that??? *hehe*

TIA for any advice *hugs*

I'm sure it's fine, never heard or read anything to say it's not.......and I hope so because I eat heaps of the stuff, I love it! There's cultures in yoghurt etc and that's fine to eat so I would think you'd be fine. As long as it's within it's use-by date LOL!

Hi Fran

I have been eating it like it is going out of fashion on top of baked potatoes and have been told by OB it is OK. So go for it - it is definitely the defining ingredient in wedges so enjoy!!

Jem

I'm sure it will have even greater health-giving properties when combined with some sweet chilli sauce - YuuuuuuuM!!

hiya
    yep its fine to eat as it is pasteurised - the only things to avoid are unpasteurised things or uncooked things (esp. eggs). To be honest most foods in Australia are pasteurised anyway so no worries - indulge yourself.

Yay! Thank you so much everyone for answering! *hehe* Deluxe fries it is!! (My husband's speciality!) Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum!!!!