Thread: Spa's while pg

Question Spa's while pg

Hi ladies,

Just a quick question for a friend. Is it ok to go in a spa while pg? My friend is around 20 weeks if that may factor into it.

Thanks

Spas are fine while you are pregnant as long at they arent too hot and the mum doesnt get overheated. Try and keep it luke warm

Thanks MummaBear79. I'll tell her DH and now he can book their romantic weekend away!

My doc actually told me to avoid them, not just for the overheating factor but also something about it being hard to make sure they are clean enough and also something about the jets... I hadn't really looked into it any further as it hasn't been an issue but perhaps do some more research into it for your friend. HTH.

Taia's Mum Guest

We have spa jets in our pool which I love to sit in front of - helps my back heaps! I've had no probs

pippa Guest

The physio at the Royal Brisbane uses a spa during their aqua classes. She explained that the issues are with temp in big swimming pool spas. The cleanliness issue would also be a factor in pool spas, but not bath spas as they would be as clean as just having a bath.