Thread: Speaking of cheeky babies..? (question about kicks)

Default Speaking of cheeky babies..? (question about kicks)

How soon can other people feel bubs kicking from outside?
    I have one ACTIVE little thing, even at my 12 week u/s the dr was like 'whoa, it's um...moving a lot' and since about 15-16 weeks, but especially in the last week, the kicks are always there.

Now I'm assuming it's pretty early for this, but I would SWEAR I've felt kicks with my hand as well, often a few in a row. But the moment I say to DH 'now, now!!' and put his hand there, everything falls still

So...might I just be imagining feeling the kicks with my hand? I know it's early days. Can I feel them because I know exactly where to feel? Or am I getting confused, that is, pressing on my belly makes the kicks feel stronger so I think I can feel them with my hand? :-k

When could other people feel their babies kicking from the outside, and was that different to when other people could feel it?
    I hate getting DH's hopes up, but I'd love for him to be able to feel what I'm talking about!
    Thanks guys

Thanks Emma, I'll have to look for it! I'm SURE I can feel it...

Nelle,
    Everyone is different, I didnt feel myfirst inside, let alone outside til I was past 25wks!!!! I was so annoyed.... But after that she rolled over heaps & my stomach was so alien like!!!

With #@ it was at about 13-15 wks I could feel it & on the outside Dh could feel it when we were both relaxed laying in bed at night!!!

Hi Nelle,

I first felt my kicks about 16 weeks and DP felt it for sure at the 17 (on the dot) week mark. He had his hand on my stomach, cos i could feel bubba doing laps, and he thought all he could feel was my pulse and then all of a sudden he got a boot.. it was definately a kick and since he still feels it very often.

My lil man is very active too.. doc was trying to find his heartbeat today at the hospital with the doppler and was chasing him around my stomach to get the reading!

Best of luck

Hi Nelle

It would be unusual but not imposable. And if your bby is that active then I would say that you probably did feel a kick