Thread: a special way to tell ppl

Default a special way to tell ppl

hey just wondering if ppl had some fun and interesting way of telling ppl the good news?

ill be 12wks on August 23rd and mine n fiance's engagement party is august 28th so was just trying to work out a fun exciting way to tell all our family n friends at the engagement party.

A friend of mine brought her 12wk u/s pic to our house and said "I've got something to show you" and pulled it out... silly me took a while to twig, I said "Ooh who's baby is this?" and she said "Mine!" LOL

For DS, we had friends round for dinner and we were talking about all the babies that are appearing in our greater circle of friend, then DH said "There's someone else due in July, isn't there?" and they said "Who?" and I said "Oh that'd be me!" The look on their faces was priceless!

Good luck - have fun!!

I'd so love to hear these! I'm currently 10wks pg and was going to announce it at DS's birthday dinner next week (so I'll almost be 12wks) but now I wanted to wait til I had the nuchal scan so I had a pic and real proper news iykwim, as I have no symptoms and I don't want to tell everyone and then find out 3 days later that sorry, it's not good news...

My sister is probably going to be so annoyed I haven't told her yet, coz she'll read this thread and tell everyone ! So, Lea - if you're reading... SHHH! Call me and tell no one!

You could get the ultrasound on dvd and during your speach just have it playing on a tv behind you? OR have pics of you and your partner on a board with an ultrasound pic and a ? near it, ask people to guess who they think it is? (you could do it on a slide show if using a tv)

SIL got little booties that said nanna and grandpa and gave them to them.
    Where are you having your engagement party? If your at home you could put a sign on a door saying 'nursery' and see if anyone pays attention.
    Could you maybe have some little pink balloons and blue balloons and have what will it be written on them, see how long it takes someone to notice???

Quote Originally Posted by sconeonamission View Post
    I'd so love to hear these! I'm currently 10wks pg and was going to announce it at DS's birthday dinner next week (so I'll almost be 12wks) but now I wanted to wait til I had the nuchal scan so I had a pic and real proper news iykwim, as I have no symptoms and I don't want to tell everyone and then find out 3 days later that sorry, it's not good news...

My sister is probably going to be so annoyed I haven't told her yet, coz she'll read this thread and tell everyone ! So, Lea - if you're reading... SHHH! Call me and tell no one!
    You could get a t-shirt made up with BIG BROTHER on it, have it hidden then when you go to change him or take a jumper off ppl are like WTF???

Go to Ripe (a maternity shop) and buy one of the tops that says "Due in Feb" (Feb, is that right?) or one that says "Precious cargo on board" or something like that. Wear it underneath something and then strip off right before speeches/cake/toasts/whatever. See how long people take to notice!

Or just not drink anything... people may ask then!

We put a letter from Miss J in the Thank You cards from our wedding. It basically said that she was excited because she was going to be a big sister