Thread: spots and bumps on skin in pregnancy is that normal

Default spots and bumps on skin in pregnancy is that normal

ok,i noticed last night that i had a painful,boil like bump on the side of my torso .i looked at it with a little concern,wondering what on earth it could be,anyway woke up today with the same type of painful lump under both of my armpits.thought that maybe it is just because i shaved a couple of days ago and the new hair folicles are causing probs under both arms.
    tonight i noticed i now have about 20 painful bumps around my torso about the size of a large mossy bite,not itchy,but sensitive to touch,they feel a bit ball like under the skin and red.i also have a huge very sore one inside my left ear.what do you think,i dont want to waist my time at a dr with 3 kids in tow tomorrow for some silly little bumps but i know i have to be a little cautious becouse i am prg.dr told me my rubella was on the lower side and to be very careful around children that might havfe measles.i dont beleive i have been in contact with any and apart from this i feel perfectly fine,no temp,just my usual tirdness.maybe i should just see what developes when i wake in the morning.
    i normally have great reistance and never ever get irritations of any kind.
    nikki

Melinda Guest

Hi Nikki,

From what I understand of rubella, it's more that your skin looks flushed as opposed to painful lumps. It's more of a rash on the skin, but isn't raised as such I think.

I'd suggest that you get it sussed out by the Doctor to find out what the cause of it is. You can never be too careful when you're PG and are carrying precious cargo!

Let us know how you go, and good luck!

When I was PG my skin broke out in itchy pimples (yuk). Mostly on my collarbone and shoulders. They were similar to mozzie bites. It cleared up around 5 months and skin was better than ever. Really weird.

I know that the hormonal changes during pg can affect your skin, and it can also be extra sensitive to stuff as well... maybe you are having a mild allergic reaction to something?

See how you are tomorrow, but if it's still there I'd also agree that you should go and check it out with your Dr.

Goodluck with it Nikki, I hope it clears up!

Custardtart Guest

I'd be going to the doctor also, you never can tell what your skin is going to do in pregnancy, it could easily be some sort of allergic reaction that you suddenly developed for no reason at all other than hormones changing your body chemistry.
    If it is some sort of boil, there's a type that does infect the whole body through the lymph gland and is recurrent, so you might need antibiotics to get on top of it. That's possibly a worst-case scenario, but it is worth getting it checked out for your peace of mind.

During my first pregnancy, my sweat turned acid for some reason and would leave me with big stripes of blisters wherever my clothing rubbed. I had to use cortisone cream to stop me scratching holes in my skin! It only happened in the one pregnancy, but it was absolutely horrible for a few months.

Preggers skin knows no logic! I hope all goes well for you,

Kerrie

I would be thinking something to do with your lymph glands as well, the area's you said they are in are area's that these glands are.

I would get it checked out, be better to feel like an idiot going to the Dr over some pimples then to ignor a possible problem.

Let us know what the outcome is.

I`d be going to the Dr to check it out, it sounds very similar to what I had about 10 weeks ago, Dr wasbn`t sure what it was but I had these little bumps around my breast area, they looked like tiny little boils with little white heads and very red around the area, they were extremely tender to the touch and I was starting to feel off colour with them - Dr piut me onto antibiotics, I covered them daily with betadine and band aids (not very elegant when it came to my breasts) and I used an antiseptic soap, it took a good 10 - 14 days to disapear, they were the most awful painful things. All I can think of as to why I may have got these boil looking lumps is because I may have been run down after beening in hospital with a severe kidney infection.

Let us know how you get on.

Take Care

Deeanne

thanks girls,i havewoken with several more around my abdomen and bottom and the ones under my arms ar very large abd sore,so to be on the safe side i will be going to see dr today.will let you know how i go.
    nikki

oky doky,back from dr,i have a viral infection.he was not sure about the exact diagnosis at this stage,he said i have a vrus called ?????? cant remember as he had a very strong accent,but said it will go away by itself and will not harm the baby.or he said he thinks it could be shingles.i have to go back on thursday as he wants to monitor it.apart from that i feel ok.
    thanks for you responses i will keep you updated.
    nikki

Well good luck Nicole, as I have a rash on my neck due to stress of losing our dog on Thursday morning, it is slowly going, isn't itchy or anything just an ugly red splotches all over my neck & chest!!!!

nicole, does it sound something like pitiriasis rosea? that is a viral infection i got in early pg. were itchy sorta spots, werent harmful, just annoying. i think pg women are more prone to it, although they dont know why it starts, it normally starts from one single spot which spreads

thats the one min,i couldnt understand his accent when he said it,but he did say that it started from one spot that spreads.
    nikki