Thread: Spotting when strained

Default Spotting when strained

I am not sure where to put this but I'll put it here for now. 2 times now I have gone to the loo (#2) and put a slightly extra bit of strain on my bowels and afterwards I have noticed a slight pinkish streak, or a few drops when I wipe my vagina. Previous miscarriages have always been quite quick and sudden, and this had gone on for a few days and the spotting is very different to MC so I am not sure what to think. I am not sure if its a side effect of the baby asprin or if it is in fact another miscarriage (I hope not), or implantation or what? The thing thats keeping me positive is that it only happens when I put strain on my bowels, and I won't be now LOL now I know there's a connection. And also the fact that I still have tender breasts, whereas with other MC's as the MC approached I lost all symptoms a few days before the MC. I know nothing is exactly the same for anyone. But if anyone has any advice it would be muchly appreciated. I go for my next BT on wednesday hopefully everything will be ok.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cailin,

I really don't have any advice, other than DON'T straing anymore!!!!! Drink heaps of water so there is no need to strain!

Big Hugs darl & hope all is good news on Wednesday!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Cailin

I'd ring your doc just to be sure even if it only happens on the loo!I'd get more fibre in your diet so you don't have to strain or ask your doc what you can take like metamucil etc to help things cause you might end up with hemoroids from the straining.

And take it easy.........try not to stress....and ring your doc..........

Goodluck

Sal Guest

Hi Cailin, can't add any more suggestions than the others, only to say that perhaps going back to your doc to seek reassurance (perhaps another BT to see levels rising). How stressful to find any spotting, even if it is only after straining.

Cailin

I did with my first pregnancy.

Hope all is ok - I would suggest as the other girls did to drink heaps of water and keep your fibre up to keep you nice and soft and regular!

Best wishes mate!!

Ok well I spoke to both nick's office & my to be Ob's office, and they were both very reassuring. They said it sounds like implantation and to just not do any heavy lifting and don't strain when going to the loo. Well I am happy to report just went to the loo, and everything is fine, slight bit of brown, but I am assuming thats just leftovers from last nights scare. I am feeling a little more reassured but my ob is going to call later today and have a chat with me, he sounds like a real sweetie!
    I have my first OB appt on the 4th August WOOHOO!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cailin

Hope everything is okay.

Glad all is settling Cailin!

Woo Hoo at your first ob appointment!! YAY!!

Cailin, I hope everything is okay ans woohoo at your first OB appointment.

hope it all clears up for you Cailin. all the best for your OB appt,

Linda

*hugs* how scary! Yay for the appointment on Wed! Here's to a big raise in levels =D>

I did another HPT (yes I am obsessed) and its still dark WOOHOO! And after all my "straining" here's some TMI...I got the runs 8-[ Now I've looked it up and apparently that happens after a surge of progesterone so fingers crossed! I am feeling alot more positive than I was yesterday...

Come on baby stick

Bring on Thursday!!!!

*hugs*
    Cailin

WOOOO HOOO!!!!

What great signs you are experiencing!!

\/

Thats fantastic Cailin.

I am sure this little bubba is going to stick.

Cai - I had implantation bleeds too (if thats what your having). Of course I didn't know what they were at the time, and I was in a cabin on the beaches of vietnam, using a tampon becasue I thought it was AF - specially with all the cramps I was getting too. I went on for a couple of days - sort of on again, off again, and was quite brown too.
    It happened about 4 days after AF was actually due, and I am a very regular wee thing.
    Hope your baby is making doubly sure its nice and stuck!!! Really burrowing itself in for a good long ride - well 40 weeks anyway..... not a day more!! Unlike my little spud.... #-o