Thread: still sore after fall

Default still sore after fall

Well I had a fall onto floorboards the other morning, I landed on the side of my hip and on my stomach if that makes sense. I ended up in the birthing suite for a few hours being monitored and had some tests done and was sent home because everything was fine. But I still have really bad lower back pain (I think from the way I landed) and still have this constant period pain, and my pubic bone is really sore. I know that bub is ok, I'm still getting lots of kicks but I'm just worried becuase of this period pain still being here. If I move around too much I also start to get really bad bh, which haven't been that bad before so I don't know if it will get better or not. I don't want to be a worry wart and ring the hospital to find out everything is ok. Any advice?

Hun, at 27 weeks I'd ring the hospital again and definately get checked out, the period pain after a fall can be a danger sign of PTL. Are you with JHH? They certainly rather you come in than worry about annoying anyone. They see if you go in unecessarily as a good thing not bad, because it's a good outcome.

No doctor/midwife ever died from seeing a pregnant lady.

Thanks Tara, I'm with Maitland hospital. They told me any more problems to phone them again. I will ring them now, thanks

Good girl Renee I hope it's nothing and everything is fine, let us know how you go.

Renee I hope that everything is ok! Please let us know..

Thanks Just got back from hospital again, bub is fine, kicking up a storm! Just been given script for pain killers and need to go back again if any more problems. It's great, I felt like such a idiot ringing them but they are really great and had no problems with me annoying them