Thread: Stomach flu

Default Stomach flu

I posted the other day about having an upset stomach.....

Yesterday it got really bad, turned out I had gastroenteritis!

I don't think it was caused by any of the nasty bugs you aren't supposed to get when pregnant.....

But I am obviously a bit worried about getting sick when only 4.5 weeks pregnant!

Has anyone else had a stomach bug in early pregnancy?

Marion

I did, I called the doctor out, he said I should just keep up the fluids....

Feeling a bit better today, so dont think I will get dehydrated!!

i have just had a stomach bug and went to the doctor. he said it was a viral thing and that it wouldnt hurt the baby whatsoever. he said to eat a bland diet (no dairy etc) and drink lots of water and gave me two days off work to recover. he also said that if the diohrea got worse that i coud take 'panedine' as it has codene in it which binds the stools together (TMI). go see your doctor for peace of mind, if anything else.

I developed gastro at 10 weeks into this pregnancy, I was unable to drink much and couldn`t eat, my weight fell off me, I ended up being Hospitalised on Day 4 of my gastro, I was put on IV fluids for 48 hours and felt much better, still very weak and it took me a few weeks to get my energy back.

Like you I was very concerned about the baby, my doctor reassured me that gastro does not cause miscarriages, it was myself who had to get well and baby would still be taking what it needs.

Hope your feeling better soon.