Thread: Stressing

Unhappy Stressing

Hi Girls,

I am in need of a bit fo support ...

I know i am probably being silly but i keep worrying about the baby i am 5 weeks and i have had a few friends who have lost the babies.. One came obver last night and i told her i was preg (she lost one a few months ago due to an ectopic pregnancy) so she told me everything about it ...

Now i am worried i might have one..

I am a reasonably healthy person. ( a few bad habits but dont we all) i am 33.

I keep interent surfing reading stuff about it and keep worrying.

Help me please.

Soemtimes i have like period pain type feeling, some pulling feeling and some pain sometime only on ones side but it does move to the other side aswell.... Im sending myself batty

Meegm I felt exactly the same way throughout my first trimesters in both pregnancy. Just worried & stressed over things. I too have had many friends with m/c and it is a very real worry to have.

I guess the only thing I can say is just try to relieve some of the stress by maybe writing letters to your baby, reading books about developmental stages your baby is going through & just trying to be positive about it. You understand the risks & the possibility of miscarriage and that is good, you aren't blind to it, but for now the best thing for your bub is to concentrate on being positive. You won't ever alleviate the fear of harm to this baby. I am almost 38 weeks and still worry about it, but the more focused you are on holding your baby in 9 short months, the better. *hugs*

As for the cramps & pains. I have had both types throughout both first trimesters. I had serious cramping at 9 weeks the first pregnancy and we were worried that we were loosing our baby, but she's here... running around destroying the house atm . This pregnancy I didn't worry about cramps as much because of what happened last time. Your uterus is stretching & growing in ways it hasn't had to before and that causes pulling feelings as well as cramps. *hugs*

Hi meegm - everything you are feeling is normal - i was so stressed with this pregnancy up until i got my 12 week u/s. You hear story after story of horrible/sad outcomes and worry yourself sick that it will happen to you too. I had mild period like pain intermittently in 1st trimester, pain on one side or the other wasn't uncommon and the tugs were common and i was told that is the uterus stretching etc. I remember thinking i can't do this again because the worry was making me even more exhausted and sick!! I'm now 20 weeks and although I still have moments of worry they are nothing like what they were in the 1st timester. I think it's only natural to be apprehensive as this is the time you're told that is the most likely time to miscarriage. Rest assured that each day should get better, join the thread for your EDD and you'll probably find you all feel the same way. I found my thread to be massive support at alleviating nerves as everyone feels the same. It does get easier and better but rest assured you are definitely not alone. xx

Red face

Thank you all so much..

I have been talking to my good friend she has had 3 kids and she keeps trying to ease my mind...

I think i might go buy something today a little blanklet or something ... just something..

Thanks again.girls means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Emma~ View Post
    pain *is* normal at this point hun - i only ever really had cramps etc on the one side, so i worried a lot about it being an ectopic, but my m/w said it was more related to the fact that bub's had implanted on that side, so that side of my uterus was growing more... right to this dya, most of my pregnancy has been right handed!
    I was thinking that as well because i ovulated from my right side (i think) and i think i know its a bit more to the right side..

i feel a bit relieved thank you...

beastie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by meegm View Post
    so she told me everything about it ...
    nice friends you have

the pain you felt is the pain of your growing ligaments and its very good to have this pain

dont overexcite, im sure everything is in order

and please, dont listen to tales from misscarriage.... not NOW!

I find it interesting that when you share good news, everyone feels its their duty to tell you the sad/bad even horor aspects of your good news!!

I agree with what all the girsl have said thus far aobut things stretching to make room - coz you are growing a whole entire human in there!! LOL!! Plus that little guy or girl will most definitely want to make your uterus more homely so you will inevitably feel some DIY home renovations going on inside!!

Kooky view I know, (that's me!! ) but that is how I got through all the aches and what not of pg #1 and am now entering pg #2 - and am still aware of every twinge and ache!!

Just try not to get caught up in all the bad stuff (I know I did with pg #1!! ) - you don't want to get to the end of your pg journey and think it was the most stressful time of your life!! It's supposed to be one of the best!!!

Sending you honey!!!