Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stretch marks

Default stretch marks

Hey everyone,

I was just trying to work out if i am a complete freak or not 8-[ - does anyone else have a ridiculous amount of stretch marks?? I have like 50 (no joke, i actually counted them today), all across the lower part of my stomach, from my belly button down (at least i can't see them unless i look in a mirror!). Am i the only one out there like this??? I'm way to embarrassed to put up a pic cos everybody's websites has such nice belly photo's, and i have serious belly envy.... Lets just hope i don't frighten the nurses away when i do go into labour...

I'm assuming they will fade afterwards right... or will i always look horribly disfigured like i was in a horror movie for the rest of my life???

I know stretch marks are normal, but are this many normal??? ... I've tried the stretch mark cream and vitamin C, but have now figured that nothing is going to help.... There is more red/pink or my stomach than skin colour.... I just want to know that at least i look the same as other people! [-o<

Thanks,

Yael

Some people's skin just gets stretch marks more easily than others. I have them on my hips and boobs from when I went through puberty, but they just faded and you can barely see them now.

Quote Originally Posted by kyliealysha
    I have them on my hips and boobs from when I went through puberty, but they just faded and you can barely see them now.
    Same here Kylie. I bet I will get lots. Mind you I have been rubbing cream into my belly and have been for a few months so I at least am giving it my best shot to stop them.

From what I've read, if you're prone to stretch marks there's not much you can do to prevent them, and it doesn't matter what creams you use. But the creams can help reduce the itchiness of stretching etc.

I got loads of stretch marks on my bbs early on in this pg. But so far don't have any on my belly! I've still got 3 months of growing & stretching to get through yet, but am doing well so far. I expected them to come before now, since they came with so little growth in my bbs. hmm... maybe my cream does work! hehe. I'm using Mother-to-be Belly Balm. All natural oils and stuff. Apparently even just rubbing olive oil into your skin is very good. bit oily tho

I hope yours fade away after the pg.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I've got heaps too! I already had quite a lot from my first three kids so didn't expect any more, but no, they've started, despite the oils and creams etc.

I do think some people are just more prone to them. I used to only have them below the belly button, but they've now appeared up above that area now.

love
    sushee

~Sarah~ Guest

I have alot on my but from bub 1&2 and Im praying I dont get them on my tummy too with this one! I use moisturiser twice a day but Im prob just kidding myself that it will actually do anything.
    I have heard that it's hereditry so ask your mum what she ended up with.
    My mum has really bad varicos veins and I only have a tiny one at the mo but I'm just waiting for it to run right down my leg! Grrrr

Yep, i got heaps of stretch marks when I was pg with Nicholas although with this pg they don't seem as noticeable. I did put Bio Oil on them after I had Nicholas which helped fade them a bit, but this time I haven't bothered to use anything. I guess if you are going to get them you will no matter what you try.

As Fletch has said, just take belly shot of you with a nice top on.

you are so not alone when I had my DS I was covered in stretch marks on my belly it looked like a map it was horrible and I didn't want to show anyone my belly and with my DD I got hardly any I gues cause its all been there done that so its not as hard on your body the second time round I dunno thats my theory anyway.

try not to worry about them its just a compleetly normal part of being PG.

I use to be a make up artist you could always get some foundation and try to cover them as much as possible and take a b&w photo might work I never thought of that with my DS and I have not got any photos of my belly good luck

I got heaps of them when I had a growth spurt at 13 all up my thighs and bum, so I wasn't surprised by getting them while I was PG.
    They have faded heaps but are still noticeable. My dad made a comment once when I picked up Angus a few weeks ago and saw them when my top rode up a bit.

What can you do? Wear them as a badge of honour I say \/

I did massage palmers coca butter while I was PG so that may have prevented them getting worse.

I agree with you Sam wear them as a badge of honour after all its because of a growing baby what is more special than that .

Fraser Guest

hi guys, just in case you're interested - I have been using this stuff called Bio Oil - to prevent stretch marks - but more importantly I have two stretch marks that appeared for no reason earlier in the year and this Bio Oil has faded them heaps in only two weeks.

I don't know where to get it from because a friend gave it to me, she used it through her pregnancy and didn't get a single stretch mark - even though her mother had heaps (could just be different genes though)

Definitley worth a try - it has worked for me.

It's a pink oil in a little clear container.

Cheers, Emily

Pietta Guest

I call myself the purple zebra!!

I still have horrible stretch marks you wouldnt believe!!

Mine have slightly faded to a light pink and arent purple anymore but are still there- no more topless suntanning for me!!

Kirsty77 Guest

I probably have more than 50 stretch marks!!After I had Gemma after my belly had gone down it looked like my belly was one huge brain!!hehehe

LOL at the huge brain Kirsty.

I've been using Bio Oil from the start, and have just noticed about 4-5 small stretch marks appear (1cm) - they arent really obvious yet, but no doubt they will grow and multiply!

I honestly think if you are going to get them, you'll get them no matter what you use.

But, on that note I am already hating them!! I'll keep using the Bio Oil in the hope that they fade quicker!

Squirt Guest

I have been using Bio Oil and it is wonderful - I have been using it all over my tummy, thighs and bottom as well as my boobs at it has been great. My skin has really broken out in pimples since I have been pregnant and I have been using it on my face as well and my pimples just go away - IMO it is GREAT!

well i think it just has more too do with skin type than anything else - if you are going to get them you are going to get them - i put on a lot of weight too through puberty and i have them nearly everywhere - but when they are faded they don't worry me so much - and i would recommend tanning them as they look a heck of a lot better with a tan than pasty whites...

DoubleK Guest

i have a few stretch marks on my thighs and hips from when i gained a bit of weight back in high school, but they have faded a lot, im yet to develop any at all on my belly, i have been using creams everyday to try and further prevent them!

Rach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast