Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stretchmarks!

Cool stretchmarks!

Ok, I know there isn't any miracle creams, but please humour me.

What is the "best" cream I can use?

thanks

Danni, something with shea butter or similar (I remember I used one for a while) is pretty good, if only to help with dry, itchy and stretched skin. I didn't get stretchmarks but I don't credit the cream with that. I think it was just luck really.

hey miss DAn,

Bio- oil is the best!! i have used it on mine!!

mummymeegs Guest

I swear by a bath a day with Baby oil in it! Just dont put your head in!!!

I use Bio Oil now but during the first two trimesters I used the Palmers Cocoa Butter.
    Unfortunately it has done me no good as I have just started to get some nice stretchies in the last 2 weeks I thought I'd be lucky as my Mum never got them but nope guess being super skinny pre pregnancy has its disadvantages.

I def recommend the Bio Oil though, its a bit greasy at first but I notice a difference in the visibility of the stretchies right away!

As princess has said Bio-oil. also shea butter or cocoa butter.
    But if you are unlucky like me, nothing will stop them. I dont think i have any room on my stomach to fit any more in, so woohoo no stretch marks for me this pg!!
    Jen.
    P.S. I remember u from the TTC over 6 months thread, and Woohoo for finally making it! Enjoy!

I like to use The Body Shop body butter, at the moment I have the coconut one. But realistically I think if you are going to get them, you are going to get them and there's not too much we can do about it! If you do get them, don't worry too much as they do fade over time until they are barely noticeable.

Danni as the other girls said - Biooil or Palmers was the best for me. I found that it really helped as my skin was so stretched that it needed the extra moisture.

Fire Fly Guest

Yeah i agree that if your going to get them your going to get them. It certainly doesnt hurt to moisterise though. Cant hurt hey.

I was lucky not to get them but i think thats because i have really olive skin so i stretch really well.

I only got them last time during birth but I was religious about using something to moisturise daily on my belly, I called it my baby massage time. Its funny, Matilda still really loves her massages

This time I've been less fanatical about it and use whatever is around. I do have the Palmers & I'll use the until its gone, but body butter before that was fine by me.

Also, eat food with lots of protein in....as pregnancy hormones break down and remove protein from the skin, making it thin and papery....I heard food with zinc helps too....but can't remember where I read it.

and where do i get bio oil from?

The chemist should stock it. Some smaller ones I've been into haven't but all the larger ones do! It is great stuff and doesn't stain your clothes either!!

Hi,

I have tried using the Palmers and every time i quickly show an allergic reaction to it with a really itchy belly and spots everywhere, so if you have sensitive skin just be aware of that.

All i have used is nutrimetics nutri-rich body lotion.

But i have heard wonderful things about the Bio-Oil, so give that a go

julesr Guest

I've always thought cocoa butter/shea butter was overrated - never liked the feel of it on my skin and never found it particularly moisturising - IMO. When I got pregnant, my mum recommended a pre natal cream called Happy Event. She used it through 3 pregnancies and never got one stretch mark. That was a good enough recommendation for me. Here I am at 36 weeks - no stretch marks! I've been using it since about 12 weeks. Not all pharmacies stock it - I've been ordering it from an online pharmacy - only costs about $5.50 for a tube. The company that makes it is called Mentholatum, they make Alpha Keri, Deep Heat etc.

i just ordered some happy event cream

This may be TMI....but a friend the other day told me to use semen :eek: !!!!! As i said, a bit TMI and not my cup of tea but apparently semen contains zinc which is supposed to be good. Do not know how she knows this!!!

chelleg Guest

I recently looked after a woman who did not have a single stretch mark, i asked her what she had used and it was either olive or avocado butter from the body shop. She told me that it even got rid of the stretch marks she already had!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast